We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thoughts on Riu Jalisco

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Newbury
Level Contributor
195 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Thoughts on Riu Jalisco

We are booked to fly out to The Jalisco on 24th May from the UK. I notice must people choose the Vallarta over the Jalisco should I be worried? What are the main differences?

bristol england
Level Contributor
168 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thoughts on Riu Jalisco

we picked riu vallarta because off the the price vallarta was £890,jalisco £1100 each. also if you stay at vallarta you can use jalisco but not the other way round

Newbury
Level Contributor
195 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thoughts on Riu Jalisco

I didn't realise the Valarta was cheaper. Maybe because I didn't check it out. You think with the Jalisco being more expensive we would be able to eat at the Valarta.

Dies anyone know why the Jalisco is more expensive? Going by reading the forum It seems the Valarta is more upmarket for a cheaper price. Maybe I should have checked it out.

Bloomington...
Level Contributor
1,030 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thoughts on Riu Jalisco

The reason the Jalisco is more expensive right now is because it was just renovated. As soon as the Vallarta gets its renovation done the prices will switch.

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
12,047 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thoughts on Riu Jalisco

Must be a ERROR or a UK priceing pkg. DEAL...

as the price since the reno at the Jalisco has been a wee bit LESS than the Vallarta, or even Lots more for Candians and even booking Direct with RIU (which we have done the last 3 trips) the price cost MORE for the Vallarta.

The two resorts have One condo in between.

If you stay at the Jalisco you can NOT use the Vallarta., If you stay at the Vallarta you can go to the Jalisco..just Not for Dinner. Both can NOT use the Palace, which is about 4 blocks North on street.

Both have Discos.

The Renos at the Jalisco have made it look Modern.. lost it's Mexican feel IMHO.

The Jalisco is Called the FAMILY resort, therefore the big pool is called the MAIN pool, that has the swim up BAR, and the KIDS are allowed in there..Plus they have the Kids pool with slides.

The Vallarta has the Pool with the swim up bar, and they TRY to keep the Kids OUT.. Don't think kids should be around ,the drinking as is can get OUT of control. Ugh. the other Pool is the Kids pool with slides.

If you have Tweens..they will have to to to the Kids Pool.. as they will have a Underage wristBAnd.

hope this helps

joy

5. Re: Thoughts on Riu Jalisco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 31, 2015