We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Club Velas Vallarta vs. Marival Residences

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
California
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Club Velas Vallarta vs. Marival Residences

Planning a 7 day trip in June for 3 families to celebrate a high school graduation. These are the two resorts that we are currently considering. Can anyone please let me know if they recommend one over the other. Also, if you have stayed at either can you tell me if they had room service included in the All Inclusive plan? That is on the wish list for our high school boys!

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
12,490 posts
522 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Club Velas Vallarta vs. Marival Residences

I have not stayed at Marival but I can HIGHLY recommend Velas Vallarta. My whole family has been there 4 generations for that matter over many years and all have loved it. I have two grown sons, and they love Velas Vallarta and its all inclusive as we do. Yes Yes the all Inclusive includes 24 hour room service, food , snacks and drinks. Room is also stocked with milk, water,beer soda, and snacks etc..daily..plus it is much closer to PV proper , in marina area of PV where as Marival is in Nuevo Vallarta ( mind you I also like Nuevo). Happy Vacations...

California
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Club Velas Vallarta vs. Marival Residences

Thank you "bezerk"! Can you please confirm that you stayed at Club Velas Vallarta and not the Grand Velas Vallarta?

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,490 posts
522 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Club Velas Vallarta vs. Marival Residences

I can confirm that but I have stayed at Grand Velas in Nuevo as well but not with kids. I have also stayed repeatedly at Casa Velas and a few weeks a year for many years at Velas Vallarta in PV. The Velas resort chain is one of the best I have found, always great service, always good quality food and drinks, always clean and management always on top of things.

I have reviews for all 3 resorts...I just recently returned from Casa Velas but spent a day over at Velas Vallarta ( no review written yet). Last July I think it was we stayed with 3 generations of family, and thus all have requested a return again this July!

Is there a swim up bar on the wish list also? If so Velas Vallarta has a great one, awesome pools, peacocks on site...great family resort! Enjoy..whatever you decide.

California
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Club Velas Vallarta vs. Marival Residences

Thank you for the information!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
615 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Club Velas Vallarta vs. Marival Residences

I have stayed at both. Velas is older, near the airport(noise) and beach is not nice. Food is so-so and they no longer give you access to the sister resort that had the best restaurants. Yes it is near the marina but that would be the best feature. MR on the other hand is new, beautiful rooms, beautiful grounds. Food is over the top nice. They have a much better fitness facility and spa. The beach club is a 2 minute shuttle or 15 minute walk. But the beach front food and beverage service is to die for(no beach service at Velas) If I were you I would choose MR without question.

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,490 posts
522 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Club Velas Vallarta vs. Marival Residences

just saying as a correction but yes there is beach service at Velas Vallarta.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
615 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Club Velas Vallarta vs. Marival Residences

That must be new because when we were there it was non existent. You had to go back to the pool to get a drink.

Edited: 7:17 pm, March 16, 2014
Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,490 posts
522 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Club Velas Vallarta vs. Marival Residences

No it is NOT new the waiters go down to beach constantly, have for many years. Plus the beach is right there....

Maybe you did not realize to just call a waiter over to you..:) Happy vacations!

California
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Club Velas Vallarta vs. Marival Residences

Thank you for the information!

10. Re: Club Velas Vallarta vs. Marival Residences

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:34 am, March 23, 2015