Some background: We have been NuevoV only our VERY FIRST Mexico trip 10 years ago (and to PV a few times since) – so our memories of Nuevo are very special as it got us hooked on Mexico! We typically don’t go to all-inclusives as there are so many good places to eat in PV and area, but this is a special occasion where an AI made sense.
We are celebrating hubby’s 50th and he clearly stated that he doesn’t want a party or other hoopla at home, so I opted to take him away. A perfect arrangement if I say so myself, as this way I get something out of it as well:-)! Anyway, got an exchange deal through RCI paying a reduced AI fee, so HRV sounded good and we’re all booked (and he still doesn’t know where we’re going)! I’ve read a LOT of the reviews so know more or less what to expect … however I do have a few questions and the answers will help me to be better prepared and make sure he has a good time! We are not planning a lot of excursions as we’ve done many on previous occasions and this trip is purely for R&R purposes and spending quality time together.
1) Is the Fitness center adequate? Not a normal vacay question from me, but we recently started to work out together and have fun doing it, so will be good to know if their facility is any good, or whether we should expect to get all exercise from walking on the beach/swimming, etc.
2) Anyone knows which room type we get through the RCI booking? I asked but it doesn’t seem as if RCI knows. Do they all have the ‘french’ balconies? And the Jacuzzi type bath tub?
3) Keeping in mind that hubby doesn’t like a big fuss (a group singing Happy B-day around our dinner table will probably land me in the dog house) but at the same time he enjoys a good fun time; I’ve seen mention of the “Chef’s dinner” as well as “Romantic Dinner” … is this recommended (we’re not exactly foodies but enjoy good food)? And if so, any idea what the additional costs are? As RCI bookings we don’t get the $1,500 resort credits (I believe only a limited 500 credits and still trying to find out what we can use that on), so would like to know what I should budget for. [If we haven’t done the Rhythm of the Night a previous trip I would’ve opted for that as it was a great experience.] Any suggestions?
4) I don’t believe any of the pools at HRV is an adult-only pool, correct?
5) I typically take our own ‘floaties’ to either use in the pool or in the ocean if calm enough as we love drifting in the sun with a cold drink in hand … some hotels now tend to have their own – any comments on this?
6) I don’t believe water shoes are necessary to enjoy the ocean at NV, correct? We stayed closer to PV a few times where we definitely needed it due to the rocks. Do we need it at HRV?
Phew, I think that is it … for now:-)! Your help will be much appreciated!! We’re going in February – so it is fast approaching, YAY!