We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dreams Villa Magna condo rental

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton, Alberta...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Dreams Villa Magna condo rental

Hi everyone!

I'm looking to get a few insider's perspectives regarding being a condo renter within the Dreams Villa Magna resort. We are renting a condo there this month and are contemplating buying AI passes for a couple days. I am travelling with my hubby & 3 children (under the age of 7) so the thought of grocery runs, dishes & making meals isn't really appealing to me. I've read that the resort doesn't require it's guests to wear wristbands... So one of my questions is: how do staff know the difference between condo renters & Dreams AI guests (like ordering drinks around the pool)? As well, if we just want to buy dinner for example, how does that work? Does the resort charge us, or do we pay in advance and does that include drinks for that meal? I'm trying to grasp how the resort and its staff handle the two sets of clientele - their regular Dreams customers and the condo owners / renters!! As a side note, I have emailed Dreams concierge twice and haven't received a reply yet, so I am looking for everyone's expert opinion! Thanks in advance!

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,703 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dreams Villa Magna condo rental

The position of Dreams e-concierge is presently open. Victoria left recently and the position has not been filled yet. That and the holidays may be why you haven't heard yet.

That being said, day passes are $79 per person per 24 hour period. For example, if you buy it at 7 PM, it is good until the next day at 7 PM ( not the usual fixed 9AM to 6 PM like some places). Since wrist bands are not worn, guests are asked their room number when ordering drinks or checking in at a restaurant and that is compared to a list (which is updated daily),until staff recognizes them. Day passes get a receipt and must show it when ordering or going in a restaurant.

Not sure about what age children must be before they need a day pass.

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dreams Villa Magna condo rental

You can also just get Dinner for a price which I'm not sure of the cost.

Another way is to take the 90 minute presentation will will probably turn out to be 2 or 21/2 hours long. Just make the appointment for breakfast. Reserve you chairs, go to a free breakfast and get the all-inclusive pass for that day or another for free.

Calgary
Level Contributor
634 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Dreams Villa Magna condo rental

renters get bracelets , the practice of asking for the room number in the condos has been discontinued after a few break-ins while people were in the restaurants...

the dinner fee is 40/pers and half for kids...all included...

Edmonton, Alberta...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dreams Villa Magna condo rental

Thank you everyone for shedding light on how things are at Dreams VM. I've only been to AI's where bracelets are mandatory, so Dreams (and renting a condo) is a new adventure for us. Looking forward to the sunshine & heat! Cheers :-)

5. Re: Dreams Villa Magna condo rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 05, 2015