We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traded thru Interval

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Lincoln, Nebraska
Level Contributor
25 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Traded thru Interval

Just traded our 2Br condo ski week in Breckenridge CO for week at Villa del Palmer. Any suggestions on getting the most out of our trade? Have had some good some bad experiences thru trading.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
234 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traded thru Interval

Since you are on the Nuevo Vallarta forum you exchanged for Flamingos and not the resort in PV. I would not do the AI package if offered. The resort (Villa del Sol Grand) next door to the south has a couple restaurants that are OK. I think the name has changed since we stayed there. You can easily walk to Bucerias for a large selection of very good restaurants. Do not do the time share presentation if offered. Flamingos was very nice when we were there and I expect it to still be so. For us we like to get off the resort, go to PV, go to Bucerias or further.. I think you made a good trade.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
4,067 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traded thru Interval

Jerry makes a good point. Make sure you know which sister resort you are staying at. VDP or VDPF.

Yardley...
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traded thru Interval

did you trade into villa del palmar or villa del palmar flamingos? both are owned by villa group but vdp is older and in puerto vallarta and vdpf is newer (and much nicer) and in nuevo vallarta. we own a 2br at vdpf and love the in unit washer and dryer. if you rented a 1 bedroom unit you will have 2 full baths and if you rented a 2br you will have 3 full baths. no sofa beds here lol 2 murphy beds in the living room. everyone at the resort is wonderful EXCEPT for the ts people. i too do not recommend the ts presentation. it can be very high pressure and rude. yes we own, but we knew because we had been trading into villa group resorts that we really wanted to own there. no ts is a good investment but for me it's a way to make sure my husband takes a vacation because the money is already spent and he absolutely loves vdpf and the area! i agree that the AI is not worth it. only 2 on site restaurants. food is ok...some things better than others but the small town of bucerias (a quick, cheap taxi or a long hot walk on the beach) has numerous and excellent restaurants in all price ranges. i also highly recommend la casona next door at villa la estancia for steaks. sorry not familiar with the restaurants next door at playa del sol now known as the belair collection. we're foodies and have honestly never had any one recommend dining next door and we've been visiting for a about 5 years now. that's not to say the food is not good just that others are more highly recommended. i would also recommend going into pv for dinner one night and even the afternoon to explore. pv has an even more extensive selection of excellent restaurants.

you will get a call prior to arrival regarding AI and possibly the "breakfast" tour. i would make any requests during that call. best views are floors 5 and above. the resort is U shaped. most rooms will offer some type of ocean view but the higher the better due to the palm trees and the further outward the closer to the beach. looking out from the lobby the left side will offer afternoon sun and the outer buildings will have a sunset view. the right side will have a shaded patio/balcony in the afternoons.

hope this helps! feel free to ask any questions! we'll be back in the area on 11/8. not using our vdpf ts this trip but staying a little further north on the bay between la cruz and punta de mita.

Lincoln, Nebraska
Level Contributor
25 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traded thru Interval

We did trade in the the VDPF. We already own at 2 different resorts in Breck so not interested in anything else. I greatly appreciate your help.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
4,067 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Traded thru Interval

We stayed there when it was just opening. Beautiful resort and gorgeous pool area. If you are getting a 2 bdr, Try to get the top floor with the dome in the ceiling. It's also the closest resort to Bucerias, easy to walk during the day, and cheap cab ride at night. The beach is beautiful there also. Mega grocery store is close to get supplies. There is a small store on site, but pricey. You will love it.

6. Re: Traded thru Interval

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, October 27, 2014