We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

grocery stores.

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
vancouver,canada
Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
grocery stores.

are there any grocery stores or liquor stores near the marival? going there in november.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,711 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: grocery stores.

There is a grocery/liquor store in Paadise Village Mall about 5 minutes by taxi.

victoria canada
Level Contributor
581 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: grocery stores.

Nice 20 min walk to the mall, max. They also have a trolly now (donation) but don't think it runs Wednesdays?

Overland Park...
Level Contributor
395 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: grocery stores.

Which Marival are you staying at . . Marival Residences and World Spa or Marival Resort and Suites next to Villa Magna? For the biggest bang for your $ Mega is the closet, if you are staying at the Marival Spa. If you are staying at the Marival next to Villa Magna, Chendauri is your best bet. After that is Walmart for your $$$. As Senorbobo mentioned, Paradise Village is close, but it will cost you. All have liquor and lots of it to keep us North Americans satisfied. All do accept US currency.

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
40 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: grocery stores.

Ya, the Mercado at the Paradise Plaza is closest. Yes you do pay more, but consider a $7 buck each way Taxi to the Wal-Mart, you wont save anything on a single item. However if you want a week's groceries, There's 2 Wal-Marts, a Sam's club and a Mega store between NV and Mezcales.

Naperville, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
9,796 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: grocery stores.

I just returned to Bucerias after an 8-month absence and I hadn't heard there was a second WalMart in the area now. Where's it located?

Edited: 10:20 am, October 09, 2013
Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
Level Contributor
3,751 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: grocery stores.

North of the Ameca River, along the highway are Chedraui, Sams Club, Walmart (just the one) and Mega.

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
40 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: grocery stores.

The 2nd, or 3rd Wal-Mart is new, almost in Mezcales. It is a Wal-Mart Shopping centre just off to the right. There's other stores in there too, soon to be a branch of Dento-America.

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
Level Contributor
3,751 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: grocery stores.

The Walmart you are talking about is the Mezcales Walmart, the only one north of the Ameca River. It's about 3 or 4 years old.

Edited: 10:01 pm, October 09, 2013
British Columbia...
Level Contributor
40 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: grocery stores.

OK, this must be the one then, it opened in 2011 and has a multi screen Cinema, restaurants and other facilities. http://bestofbucerias.com/product_walmart_175

Naperville, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
9,796 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: grocery stores.

Yep, that's the one and only WalMart in the Bucerias/Nuevo Vallarta/Mezcales area.

(Actually, I was quite pleased when I heard that there were 2 WalMarts in the area now; I was hoping that the new one would be closer to my home in Bucerias than the one in Mezcales is.)