We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Price for Grand Velas and Spa cost?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Everett, Washington
Level Contributor
52 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Good Price for Grand Velas and Spa cost?

We just booked a AI vacation package to Grand Velas from the Pacific Northwest for 7 nights for May. The price for the whole vacation package for two was $2480 (1240 per person), is that a decent price compare to what others paid?

Also, I see alot of great reviews on the spa there, can anyone provide me the cost breakdown?

Thanks Much!

Mountain View, CA
Level Contributor
1,329 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Price for Grand Velas and Spa cost?

that is one heck of a price especially for a vacation package which I assume means airfare too. Normally just a night there is around $500-600 dollars.

My wife has been to the spa a couple of visits there and she go some massages there. I believe they were around ~$150 for 50 minutes or so. It included the visit to the spa an hour earlier to get some rain showers, or steam room, sauna or something else too.

Check their spa menu online. Not sure if the prices are there too but the treatments are.

Can I ask who or where did you book the vacation package from ? I would love to get this kind of deal.

Everett, Washington
Level Contributor
52 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Price for Grand Velas and Spa cost?

it was via expedia's daily rare deal. It was up for half a day.

Anaheim Hills, CA
Level Contributor
494 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Price for Grand Velas and Spa cost?

Yup. Mine was through Hotwire, a company owned by Expedia on Tuesday. I really could not believe it and just had to book! But, I have researched and it seems that King beds are available! When I booked it asked me if I wanted a 1king or 2 queens, so I think we are alright. We are also going in May. When will you be there?

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
12,235 posts
491 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Price for Grand Velas and Spa cost?

Awesome price...if I was not already booked elsewhere in another part of Mexico in May I would have jumped on it for sure...

Feel happy, proud and excited, you got a great deal! :) ENJOY!!

Punta Gorda, Florida
Level Contributor
2,627 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Price for Grand Velas and Spa cost?

Our rate was 576 per night for the two of us, but we are going in the latter end of January.

Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Good Price for Grand Velas and Spa cost?

You should check out tres amigos in punta mita. Great price. Pick up at airport. Everything I need.

7. Re: Good Price for Grand Velas and Spa cost?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, October 08, 2014