We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How bad are the mosquitos during Mid June-July here?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How bad are the mosquitos during Mid June-July here?

Are they extremely hungry? Are they 'deadly' as in getting you sick vs the USA? Just wondering if people who get bites are in danger of contracting any sort of illness or parasite from getting bitten here vs back at home?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
United States
United States
North America
San Francisco
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How bad are the mosquitos during Mid June-July here?

We just got back on Sunday and none of our party of 11 got one mosquito bite. I think parts of Nayarit, where Nuevo Vallarta is located, are in a malarial zone, but only rural areas. Nuevo is safe.

Mentioned in this post
Nuevo Vallarta
Nuevo Vallarta
Riviera Nayarit, Mexico
Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
3,690 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How bad are the mosquitos during Mid June-July here?

Not sure about the states but here, mosquitoes do carry Dengue Fever. As long as you apply OFF when you are leaving the resort, you will be fine. I wear OFF everyday as the little buggers love me and I will get bit 12 months out of the year. As far as malaria goes, I haven't heard of a single case of it in these parts.

Have a great trip!

3. Re: How bad are the mosquitos during Mid June-July here?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, June 19, 2014