We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water temp difference Nuevo Vallarta vs. Cancun in May?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
92 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Water temp difference Nuevo Vallarta vs. Cancun in May?

Hi. How different is the water temperature in Nuevo Vallarta compared to Cancun in May? I'm planning a beach vacation for next May and Nuevo Vallarta would be a much shorter flight and cheaper trip from Los Angeles than Cancun, but I'm concerned the ocean might not be warm enough. I like to spend a lot of time in the ocean on vacation.

Calgary
Level Contributor
635 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Water temp difference Nuevo Vallarta vs. Cancun in May?

www.wunderground.com/MAR/epacm.html?MR=1

as you can see , the temperature difference is about 1 degree...

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,713 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water temp difference Nuevo Vallarta vs. Cancun in May?

Been going to the PV/NV area in May for over 20 years. Air temps are mid 80's to 90, low humidity and the water temp is great for swimming (feels like at least 70 and probably warmer). Great time of year. Also no rain.

3. Re: Water temp difference Nuevo Vallarta vs. Cancun in May?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 15, 2014