We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

$1,000 Credit hold at Grand Luxxe?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
$1,000 Credit hold at Grand Luxxe?

Was wondering if anyone else heard of this or have any knowledge as far as to the reasoning behind it. I've heard of a hotel holding your card for natural reasons like damages but is a $1,000 credit hold really necessary? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: $1,000 Credit hold at Grand Luxxe?

Bump

Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,442 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: $1,000 Credit hold at Grand Luxxe?

That is for a week? I have stayed at

many hotels that have held a few hundreds dollars per night so that seems reasonable

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: $1,000 Credit hold at Grand Luxxe?

Yes it is for 7 days. Thank you for your post, I guess it makes sense when the hotel charges everything to your room anyway.

Fort Wayne, IN
Level Contributor
217 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: $1,000 Credit hold at Grand Luxxe?

We've stayed at the Grand Luxxe several times, and haven't had a problem with it. I understand they are just protecting themselves. If someone really wanted to get crazy and splurge: breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks by the pool, cocktails, buckets of beers, golf, spa/manacure/massage, gift shop. Over 7 days, this could easily exceed $1000 for 1 person, let along a family of up to 10.

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: $1,000 Credit hold at Grand Luxxe?

Your response is appreciated. I'm getting the whole picture now. I've heard the wristbands are connected to the rooms as well so pretty much no cash has to be spent while on the grounds of the resort. It makes sense. Thank you

6. Re: $1,000 Credit hold at Grand Luxxe?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, May 23, 2014