We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

food stores near grand luxxe

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manalapan, New...
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
food stores near grand luxxe

going to grand luxxe in nuevo vallarta. any place to do a bigger food shop for a weeks time? Like to stock up on drinks and snacks for kiddies! i know there is store on site, but generally like to go off site? How far is it if you know!! Thanks for help!! 62 days and counting!

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
Level Contributor
3,744 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: food stores near grand luxxe

From the Grande Luxxe the closest food store is called Chedraui, pronounced sort of like ched as in cheddar, row rhymes with how, we.

Next closest is Walmart.

Both will be good for your needs. Chedraui is usually less crowded, is very clean, has a good variety and is a Mexican chain. I believe it was founded by Lebanese immigrants, therefore the un-Mexican sounding name.

Lithia, Florida
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: food stores near grand luxxe

Thank you for asking this, I am traveling myself to The Grand Mayan and looking for the same info. when are you travelling? I'd love to hear what you think of the property and near places.

Arlington Heights...
Level Contributor
243 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: food stores near grand luxxe

Hi -

There is a mid-size grocery store in the mall over by Paradise Village. You could take the ferry from the Marina by eddie's over and then take a taxi back.

@Sioux4noff - Where is the store you mention, Chedraui - I've never seen it and we always venture around when are in Nuevo? We're going in November and would like to check it out.

Thanks!

Riviera Nayarit...
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
9,674 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: food stores near grand luxxe

Chedraui is on Highway 200 and similar grocery/department stores, Walmart and Mega, are also on the highway, a bit north of it.

When you consider the cost of taxis to and from one of the large markets, I'd just shop at the Sunset Market in the higher-priced Paradise Village Plaza for drinks and snacks.

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
Level Contributor
3,744 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: food stores near grand luxxe

To the Sunset Market from the Mayan, you would need a taxi at least one direction anyway. The local grocery stores are interesting to visit, too.

Bismarck, North...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: food stores near grand luxxe

We just got back from grand luxxe yesterday. We hop in a taxi to Walmart. It costs $7.00 one way. We buy all of our groceries and drinks there. Safe and convenient!

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
3 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: food stores near grand luxxe

Thanks Harborgirl2 for the tip. We'll go there next week.

WHITEHORSE
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: food stores near grand luxxe

Hi

We will be travelling to the area with our two little kids this fall. I am happy to hear that walmart is close for shopping. Can you tell me if there is anything within walking distance or do you pretty much need to be happy staying on the resort? We plan to stay there for a week and then change resorts. I have not picked the second resort as I we have never traveled the area. Not sure if further towards Bucerias would be better or to go right into Puerto Vallarta just to be able to walk the markets etc. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated :)

Seattle/Tacoma
Level Contributor
68 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: food stores near grand luxxe

We usually do a week at the Luxxe and then a week in Sayulita. We love Sayulita as do all the people we have recommended it to.

Mega foods is near by. Walmart a bit farther. We always take the bus there and then take a taxi back. I think the bus is about a $1. I leave Sunday with my daughter and two granddaughters. I am so excited to have the grands experience the Luxxe.

If you have any questions about Sayulita, I would be glad to answer them. Oh, Sayulita is north of Bucerias.

Seattle/Tacoma
Level Contributor
68 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: food stores near grand luxxe

We seldom have dinner on the resort. How little are those legs? Will you be bringing a stroller? There are quite a few tasty restaurants "near" the resort. However, the resort is huge so "near" is relative.

Get answers to your questions about Nuevo Vallarta
Recent Conversations