We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking near Hard Rock Vallarta

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Long Beach...
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Walking near Hard Rock Vallarta

I am going to the Hard Rock Vallarta for a week next Sunday. I like to do a lot of walking in the towns/villages/cities I visit. Are there interesting places to walk near the HR? Shops? Locals or really touristy? Is there any place to get non-fat frozen yogurt at or near the resort? Thanks!

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking near Hard Rock Vallarta

There are a couple bars on each side of Villa Magna which is about a 20 minute walk North of Hard Rock. You can also walk about 15 minutes South to the Jette next to the Marina and walk up to the Plaza from the beach. There are a few restaurants there along with a Starbucks and grocery store.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
4,068 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking near Hard Rock Vallarta

If you like to beach walk, you can walk for miles to the north ( about 1.5 -2 hours) to the town of Bucerias.

Fredericton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Fredericton, St. John's
Level Contributor
1,884 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking near Hard Rock Vallarta

Bucerias is well worth the trip! Sayted in Nuevo but like al the shops and vendors(food and craft) in Bucerias.

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
12,159 posts
489 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking near Hard Rock Vallarta

There are a ton of places to walk, along the beach to Bucerias...on the street which... are well maintained and nicely landscaped...

There are also some strip malls and such along the way of walking even timeshare sales folk...

Head to Bucerias if you want villages, etc...Hard Rock area is more pristine....not like a Mexican village feel...which is fine, esp. like for me, who lives in a village..

I am sure you will find lots of places to walk...they also have bicycles on site for tours and exercise etc..

Anaheim Hills, CA
Level Contributor
494 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walking near Hard Rock Vallarta

Around the Hard Rock is more touristy. Nice places to walk by, shops, other reorts, and dining options. If you are looking for more local flavor definitely go up to Bucieras into the town square and enjoy the flee market and great dining right on the beach. Really two different worlds. You will love it. Have fun!!

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
12,159 posts
489 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Walking near Hard Rock Vallarta

Not sure if they will have the yogurt you want at Hard Rock but ask?

If not then Paradise mall, across the street will most likely have it and might even be shops for it specifically...but otherwise the Sunset Market!

7. Re: Walking near Hard Rock Vallarta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 03, 2014