We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants close to Villa Magna

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Edmonton Alberta
Level Contributor
698 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Restaurants close to Villa Magna

Just wondering if there are many/any good restaurants within walking distance to Villa Magna? Also if a person was to walk to Bucerias are there any along the way?

Thx

Sharon

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
3,159 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants close to Villa Magna

Villa Magna has it's own restaurants, but otherwise, it is a fairly long walk to others. Bucerias is an hour or so.

Edmonton Alberta
Level Contributor
698 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants close to Villa Magna

So no restaurants between Vila Magna and Bucerias?? We are stayng in a condo.

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
3,159 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants close to Villa Magna

To be honest, I don't know what restaurants are located in the hotels/condo's themselves that you can use. Someone may be able to help. Walking the other direction, towards the Paradise Mall, you'll pass by Fajita Republic, and there may be others before you get to the mall. I think the most popular are in Bucerias. Check the Neuvo Restaurant links - it may help.

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants close to Villa Magna

Fajita republic is a short walk away and there is a Domino's that will deliver to the condo. Other than that you would have to go to P.V. or Bucerias for a restaurant.

I suggest Cafe Roma on Monday, wednesday or fridays. They have good italian food, great pizza and kereoyke from 6:00 Pm - 9:00 Pm.

Overland Park...
Level Contributor
395 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants close to Villa Magna

Sharon,

DreamsVM has a day pass program available to renters.

As you are arriving to VM by taxi you will pass a University on the left , just pass that on your right is a Steak place it's name I don't recall maybe some here on TA can chime in , you chose your steak from a cooler or other meat and they grill for you on a open grill. Very big bake potatoes and BYOB/Wine, a short walk from VM maybe 4-5 blocks.

On the beach walking north about 5 min. is Etcetera ETC. open for lunch. I don't know of any other on the beach until Bucerias. Maybe one has opened between 4/1/12 and now? When are you at VM? Nice place.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
1,869 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants close to Villa Magna

There are many restaurant choices available within walking distance of Villa Magna:

South Towards Paradise Village

- a 5-10 minute walk down the road you will find the Fajita Republic on the left side (an excellent restaurant)

- adjacent to Fajita Republic, there is El Dinamita (one of the best rated restaurants in the area)

- a 5 minute walk beyond the above restaurants there is a taco restaurant called La Isla

- one minute past La Isla is the Riviera Grill

- a 2 minute walk from the Riviera Grill towards the ocean will bring you to the Bahia del Sol condo / hotel, which has the Sea Horse Restaurant located right on the beach (probably easiest to access this by walking down the beach from VM)

- there are lots of restaurants inside the Paradise Village Mall; these range from Dominos, Subway and McDonalds, to some higher end choices on the second floor of the mall

- just after the mall you will find Il Pescatore, located on the marina

North Towards Flamingos

- there are a number of high end restaurants located adjacent to the Marival Residences, which are about a 3 minute walk from Villa Magna (in the opposite direction from the Paradise Village)

East Towards the Highway

- walk to the traffic circle (roundabout) by the Marival Resort, which is about a 3 minute walk towards the Paradise Village Mall; turn left at the traffic circle, walk across the bridge across the canal, and continue towards the entrance into the Nuevo Vallarta area; less than 10 minutes after turning left, you will come across a commercial area on the right; there are several restaurants / delis, etc. in this development, several of which are excellent (e.g. Ginger, which is a Thai place)

- if you walk past the Nuevo Vallarta entrance, there are a couple of restaurants on the left side; I believe the steak restaurant referenced by IcGOODinU is called Sonora.

Another option is to take a taxi to the other side of the Nuevo Vallarta Marina (about 5 minutes, lots of taxis available on both ends). There you will find many other restaurant choices, including Prime 59 (steak), Porto Bello (Italian / seafood), Guido's (Italian), Eddie's Place (Mexican / Lebanese), Por Que No? (European), and Ocho Tostadas (Mexican / Seafood - more of a lunch place).

You could easily spend a week or two in the Nuevo area without having to go any further afield for restaurants. I wouldn't suggest doing this, though, because there are many excellent restaurant choices available in Bucerias, which has a more authentic Mexican feel - including reasonable beachfront places (El Gordos, Dugarel's Plays, El Brujo) to higher end places (Mark's, Karen's) to mid-range spots such as Sandrina's and Adriatico. There are LOTS more worth checking out, these are only examples.

Do yourself a favor, and check out the following links to see what sounds interesting:

tripadvisor.ca/Restaurants-g154267-Nuevo_Val…

tripadvisor.ca/Restaurants-g657267-Bucerias_…

Calgary
Level Contributor
214 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants close to Villa Magna

Kudos to OT_Bound for a fantastic post. Have stayed at Villa Magna and loved it, but I'm done with AI so this is great info.

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
3,159 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants close to Villa Magna

Thanks OT for that excellent report. I realized after I posted that there are restaurants that I had heard about but didn't know where they were. A few are a bit hidden behind hotel entrances etc and you were so helpful to list them. The cabs will know where they are (and locals - will hotel staff help?) I didn't know about a few of them myself - thanks for the list!

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
Level Contributor
3,779 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants close to Villa Magna

OTbound, GREAT post!

Amherstburg, Canada
Level Contributor
862 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants close to Villa Magna

Staying at Paradise Village on Christmas Eve. Think any restaurants will be open for a 8 or 9 pm dinner? Doesn't have to be anything high end, but not McD;s type.