We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

paridise village or club marival

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Medicine Hat, Canada
Level Contributor
150 posts
1 review
Save Topic
paridise village or club marival

Does anyone have any thoughts on which one is better. HAve 11 and 9 year old boys. Things im looking for are good food, better booze (top shelf) activities for kids. etc Thanks

Medicine Hat, Canada
Level Contributor
150 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: paridise village or club marival

Also does anyone know if club marival has a shuttle that runs to the malecon as a service the hotel provides. If there is, is there a cost.

Airdrie, Canada
Level Contributor
1,420 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: paridise village or club marival

Bus service provided by hotels does not exist on the west coast of Mexico to the best of my knowledge.

The only place we have seen this service is in the Mayan. Public transportation is hit and miss and cabs are expensive.

Public buses are cheap and cabs are reasonable in the PV area.

Also the adventure is good fun.

We are attending a wedding at Marival which was chosen because the palapas on the beach don't look like a mall parking lot.

The photos of Paradise look very crowded.

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
11,765 posts
449 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: paridise village or club marival

I have not stayed at Marival but I can say the Paradise Village Club has done many renovations and also it is great for kids your age, nice pool, nice beach, lots to do, theme nights and the food I have had there was very good. As was the booze LOL.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
5,249 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: paridise village or club marival

Paradise Village is wonderful for families and children. Easy access to the Paradise Mall for quick shopping and landromat. The kitchens are great for kids who need constant snacks and drinks.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: paridise village or club marival

The Paradise Village beach is one of the best. The food and liquor would be better than the Marival in my opinion and we did the AI, but loved the extra space and kitchen the condo provided. The kids club is not included, but they do have daily activities by the pool and their theme nights are a blast.

The marival has lots of kids activities and they are a true AI (you don't have to sign everytiem). I think it's more budget than the Paradise, but very fun and I would stay at either.

If it's the beach or the food or the liquor I would choose PV, if it's the kids club and activities I would choose the Marival.

Neither has transfers for free into PV, but busses are so easy to take and are about 40 mins. from nuevo and cheap. We took all our kids with us on the bus numerous times (9, 7 and 5 months) and they loved it.

Good luck:)

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,765 posts
449 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: paridise village or club marival

married11..did you say you did the AI at Paradise Village? I have stayed there many times am a member but have yet to do AI...thinking of trying it my next visit...your thoughts...

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: paridise village or club marival

The AI at the PV is great, but expensive. Luckily from Canada Westjet Vacations has it in their packages and it is much more affordable. Their theme nights for supper are great and do not require men wear long pants (hubby loved that). Their pool and beach food service is wonderful. I haven't had a better shrimp burrito anywhere. Their breakfast is the standard (smaller buffet than some but also ala carte ifyou want). We really enjoyed it, but signing for everything was a pain, but you do alot of timeshares, so maybe are more used to that than us who usually do traditional AI's. I do think that when a resort has an AI, but also has clients that have to pay for food, they have to make sure that it's good. I enjoyed steak and shrimp at least 3 of the 10 nights last year.

Hope you enjoy:)

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
11,543 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: paridise village or club marival

Was willing to try the A1 and the PV.... " but signing for everything was a pain" fixed that .thanks Maried11.

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,765 posts
449 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: paridise village or club marival

Next time we go there we are going to give the AI a try....and we have no problem signing, for everything...we are never in a rush on vacation...and most of our vacations are timeshares so used to it, though many have stopped doing that, but whatever, that would not be a deterrent for us. Thanks married..

Grande Prairie...
Level Contributor
363 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: paridise village or club marival

We've always told our waiter that we'd sign at the end of the day, when we were done & have not had a problem doing that.