We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Theft at Grand Velas

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Prince George BC
Level Contributor
21 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Theft at Grand Velas

I would really appreciate our fellow travelers advice on our theft issue at Grand Velas.

We are currently staying at Grand Velas(Oct27-Nov10, 2012).

It happend sometime during the hours of 10 and 3 in the afternoon of Wedneday the 7th. Someone entered into our suite 929 and stole not only my laptop and some of the personal belongings from the suite but also magically open our safety deposit box and stole all contents including substantial amount of CAD, USD, Mexican Peso, electronic devices such as iphones, ipod, wallets, creditcards and all identification. However, this mystery visitor left our passports inside the safety box wide open.

Hotel management assured us that they will get to the bottom of this incident and notify us with information ASAP. Now it is Friday morning, and I still don´t have any answers from the hotel. They are keep telling me it is still under investigation and withholding any information regarding the incident.

I would really appreciate your helpful advices.

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
11,968 posts
454 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Theft at Grand Velas

I am so glad it all worked out. Sad it happened but even with strict hiring practices etc., there are thiefs amongst us. I do know The Velas Group of resorts has some pretty stringent hiring practices.

Wish you had maybe posted sooner, as was quite some time and sort of a bad taste for something that can happen anywhere.

Alberta travler, that does look like something to check into..hmm

22. Re: Theft at Grand Velas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, April 06, 2014