We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back yesterday from Hard Rock Vallarta any questions?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
161 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Back yesterday from Hard Rock Vallarta any questions?

I wil be happy to answer any questions!!

SD
Level Contributor
235 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Back yesterday from Hard Rock Vallarta any questions?

I have a couple questions since we are booked there end of Feb.

Is there WiFi in the rooms AND through out the grounds?

How far is it from the little mall, starbucks etc. Is it within walking distance

I booked through RCI and i have 1500 resort credits/bucks? How are these applied and towards what?

Any information from anyone is appreciated. Thanks

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
13,434 posts
551 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Back yesterday from Hard Rock Vallarta any questions?

I believe there is wifi in rooms and also on grounds, in lobby and also in nightclub, least there was before rebranding.

Mall ie: Starbucks is right across the street, maybe 100 yards. Walkabale for sure...

Many uses for resort credits, spa, romantic dinner, , tours etc... they will tell you the specifics when you arrive.

Enjoy!

Unionville
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: Back yesterday from Hard Rock Vallarta any questions?

Can we easily use US dollars to pay our bill (16% tax on credits etc.) at the Hard Rock?

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
161 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Back yesterday from Hard Rock Vallarta any questions?

There is wifi in rooms and in lobby bar. Didn't check around the grounds. Mall with Starbucks is only a 2 min walk and the resort credits can be used for almost anything, as per bezerk's post. You do however have to pay the taxes (16%) on each thing you book and they will tell you how much it is when you book it. When using it for the spa you can only use $100 of the credit per room. In the lobby there is a desk where you book resort credits.

As per paying in US $$ for the tax - We were with a "special group" and didn't get the full resort credit everyone else had so we didn't have to pay it. I do know from being in Cabo a few weeks ago that a lot of hotels down there are no longer accepting US cash for paying bills. They have signs posted on the front desk. My guess woud be to bring a credit card just incase!

SD
Level Contributor
235 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Back yesterday from Hard Rock Vallarta any questions?

Thanks looking forward to it. We have been at the Melia in PVR the last couple years so this should be different.

One more question _ How is the beach/Water?? Rocky? Swimmable?

Thanks in advance

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
161 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Back yesterday from Hard Rock Vallarta any questions?

The beach is very swimable and has a walkable flat beach! Not rocky at all. The water in PV is just dirty and kinda smelly.

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,434 posts
551 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Back yesterday from Hard Rock Vallarta any questions?

Will be very different from Melia...enjoy!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
55 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Back yesterday from Hard Rock Vallarta any questions?

I realized you were there back in October, but we leave Sunday and really want a nice room. We will probably sleep till 9 a.m. and stay out till 1 am. We would like to be near the active pool for Adults, but still have it quite enough to sleep. Would be nice to be able to see the ocean. What do you suggest? Hubby is thinking about the first floor in order to have a patio to sit out on, but then there would be no view. Thanks

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,434 posts
551 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Back yesterday from Hard Rock Vallarta any questions?

The water is not dirty just deeper than many places and a lot of silt turnover so appears dirty...also I have never noted a smell.

30. Re: Back yesterday from Hard Rock Vallarta any questions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 03, 2014