We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palladium + bad reviews?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Brookfield, WI
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Palladium + bad reviews?

Okay, so now I'm a little worried. That last review - "Don't go!" What's that all about. I wish some of the reviewers would also let us know what other resorts (if any) they've been to. Think this would help get a better sense of their likes and dislikes. For example, we've been to the Crown Paradise in Cancun; Diamond Resort (now Allegro?), Iberostar Quetzal and Iberostar Paraiso in Playa del Carmen, and last year went to the Palladium in the Dominican Republic. Sure, there were some things we liked better at some resorts compared to others, but never enough to tell anyone "Don't Go!" Well, maybe we just go in with an open mind. And it doesn't really bother us all that much to wait a bit for a cocktail, stand in line for some dinner reservations (actually met some people from a different state five years ago while waiting in line and we're still in touch!), getting our own bottled water, etc. From what I've seen, the staff at these resorts generally work very long hours for very little $$$. And we make sure they know how much we appreciate them, whether it be a tip for the maid/waiter/bartender, or just a friendly smile and an "hola!" Sometimes a little goes a long way. Okay, done ranting.

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
12,746 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Palladium + bad reviews?

Be aware of the Men in Mexico resorts. They like to make sweethearts with Canadian and USA girls. Most are Married!!!

I read a Review awhile back,from a girl smitten,and wanting to return to resort because she fell in love with the fellow.Married!!!!!!!!

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
12,746 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Palladium + bad reviews?

Sunlover: thanks-Iam going to post a few more.

Cdoubleu: I got out the map. There are 7 bldgs.total!! 3 in bldg.#1, 3 in Bldg#2 and l bldg. in #3.

I would say #1 is best because it is between Relax pool and Main Pool/snack bar, BUT futher to walk to Lobby/Buffet and Theater than bldg#2. We have stayed in both 1 & 2. rooms are the same.

There are floors 0(grass level) 1-2 and 3(suites). so if your key pkg reads 1215- thats means Bldg.1,2nd Floor, room 15. Note: smaller room # is closer to Ocean

Try for 2nd.floor for views,but more steps too. LOL

Hope this helps.

il
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Palladium + bad reviews?

JoLee, thank you so much for all the info on the rooms !!! I have recieved more info on this hotel from you than from my travel agent ! The pictures are wonderful! Is there any way I could see the hotel map? Im pretty computer illiterate, so I dont know if its possible. Do you have any info on nearby towns, whale watching, peurto vallarta, or cool places to go or see? My husband and I are in our early fortys, anyone else reading this and going to the Palladium between 3/2 and 3/9 let me know and we could meet for A drink! Thanks again JoLee for all your help!! Will be waiting for more great info!

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
1,016 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Palladium + bad reviews?

Don't be worried, the resort is fine!

We have been to Club Marival (PV) - Qualton Club (Ixtapa) -Reef Club Yucatan (Telchac Puerto) - Rui Bambu (Punta Cana) - Sierra Nuevo Vallarta (PV) - Gala Huatulco (Huatulco). The Palladium compared to any of these resorts in most all areas. Sure the food got boring, it got boring after a few days at any of the listed resorts (except in Punta Cana where the food was awesome!). The staff are paid poorly, they live on tips, and a smile and "hola"goes a LONG way. They can only do what is possible in a shift... so if there is missing cutlery on the table you choose to sit at, go snitch from another table, and notice that there might be a shortage of waiters. They run like fools (notice sweat covered brows).

We love the west coast of mexico. Nothing like flying over the Sierra Madres, landing in PV and having the ocean and the mountains all in view. Spectacular!

Sure, the beaches do not compare to the "other side" however when you hear those waves crashing 24/7... it lulls you to sleep like nothing else can!

And has anyone noticed that the Palladium was the second cheapest all inclusive offered by Sell off vacations in all of Mexico!! So, given the price, you get good value for your money. The beaches in Nuevo are nicer, and the prices were higher! Mayan Riviera priced themselves right out of our snack bracket this year!

So go to Palladium, enjoy the lush surroundings, take a bus to Punta Mita for a snorkel tour and a cold cerveza, go shopping in Bucerius, get a henna tattoo, enjoy the fresh fruit and veggies (great selections) and be thankful that the food gets boring (I only gained two pounds while away THANK YOU BORING BUFFET!!), walk the many paths and catch some whale watching from building 1 or 2, take a late night dip in the adult pool before bed, and just be happy you are one of the lucky few who could even afford to have a holiday this winter!

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
12,746 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Palladium + bad reviews?

Cdoubleu:-- You are more than welcome. Glad to help. Wish we could go again.

Take the local bus to Bucerias for shopping. I got my Vanilla there at the best price!!!

I put up another album in My pictures, 2 pictures of Bucerias.

Cheers

winnipeg, canada
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Palladium + bad reviews?

i can agree with jolee on staying away from the mexican guys! im 17 and ew they were all over me and my cousin, and they were like 24 and they told us they wanted us to stay and marry them, etc. then i get home and talk to one on msn to find out that hes married and has a kid! most of them just want to get in young girls pants(my cousin is 14), so just watch out, and if they tell you they love you dont believe it!

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
12,746 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Palladium + bad reviews?

BB05: That's putting it Bluntly!!! That is why lots of the young girl staff have left the Palladium. Lol

houston
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Palladium + bad reviews?

hi

we are going to club marival in nuevo vallarta (supposedly staying on the grand side) in mid may. we keep hearing bad info on the resort. can anyone tell me anything about the resort and hopefully a phone # for hotel. would appreciate any info on the area too.

thanks for all info.

Brookfield, WI
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
19. Re: Palladium + bad reviews?

graceh: You might want to start another post regarding the Club Marival to answer your question. Good luck!