We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's it like at the Marival

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Alberta
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
What's it like at the Marival

Just wondering if anyone's been to the Marival in the last month. I've heard lots of negative. Just wondering what other people's opinions would be?

chicago
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: What's it like at the Marival

i agree...i have been there many times and never had a problem walking on the beach at night. My girlfriends and I even met a couple other people from another hotel and when we decided to take a late night stroll one night on the beach, we were stopped by the marival security and were asked a bunch of questions because thats their job in the night....to watch the beaches so i dunno how Cutter's incident could have happened. but really, it's all safe and there is alot of security. you will see when you go there.

United States
Level Contributor
739 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: What's it like at the Marival

take the pedal bikes from the front of marival (free) to bucheoreos instead of walking all the way down the beach..it's an easy ride about (15-20 ) minutes depending how fast you pedal and also there are baskets on the bikes to carry your bargains..

chicago
Level Contributor
30 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: What's it like at the Marival

You guys are awesome! Thanks for all the info -- can't wait to go to the Marival!

M

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
11,972 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: What's it like at the Marival

Colors: We have been to several Resorts in PV area,and Marival is the one we would return to. Enjoy

Cheers

United States
Level Contributor
739 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: What's it like at the Marival

Don't forget ...if you go to the front gate by the security guards you take a right and not too far down (about 5 minutes by pedal bike) is the Paradise Mall...there is a grocery store, w/ alot of neccesities like suntan lotion, deoderant etc...at reasonable prices, and a laundromat that you can either do your laundry yourself or leave it in the a.m. and pick up in the afternoon for a very reasonable price (cuts down on the over packing) and there is also an internet cafe inside the mall....or you can stroll over to the "Paradise Village Resort" for free and view the Monkey, lions, tigers etc...in the mini zoo....

I highly reccommend going to check out the village of Bucheoreos for a morning adventure...we would go over there for when the shops opened at 9 or so on pedal bikes...bargain w/ the vendors and ride back to the resort ...we would be back by 11:00 or so and it was just in time for the "sun" ...plus we got some exercise from the big breakfasts at the marival....

have a blast!! I'll was there in December and am headed back in April!!

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
11,972 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: What's it like at the Marival

Mary: Do you mean the village Bucerias?? that is a good ride if so, you must have worked off the Breakfast!

Lol

United States
Level Contributor
739 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: What's it like at the Marival

you got 'er!! We loved it...another couple tagged along w/ us (we are in our late 30's and early 40's) that were in their 70's and we took it at a leisuerly pace ...it was a blast...

You do have to be care ful of traffic somwhat but it was well worth it...we loved the little bars on the bay and the beetle bug volkswagon made into an ice cream truck. Prepare to barter but it's fun!! To those traveling there in the future.. Don't miss the pretty village church while you are there...

How about you...did you venture there??

chicago
Level Contributor
30 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: What's it like at the Marival

marymomary -- we'll be at the Marival over Easter -- should we go to the pretty village church for Mass? thanks

mary