We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safes at Royal decameron

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Abbotsford
Level Contributor
13 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Safes at Royal decameron

just wondering how big the safes are and are they combination or key locks

Brantford, Canada
Level Contributor
384 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safes at Royal decameron

the safes were not huge but big enough for passports [ we had 4 in there ] extra cash and trinkets we had purchased, jewelery, camera parts [ lenses etc ] and a gameboy when it wasn't being used. like fitting suitcases in a small trunk, it all went in with a little rearranging. As far as my memory goes I think it was a key lock, but that part I can't swear to. I am going back in 3 weeks, if you haven't left yet, I will let the forum know for sure when I get back.

retro

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,497 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safes at Royal decameron

If my memory serves me correctly, they're "key lock" -- size as described in previous post -- and there's a rental charge to use them (I forget how much that was). When we stayed there ('04), they asked you at check-in whether you wished to rent one or not -- and if so, provided the key to the box in your room. You pay the rental charge when you return the key during the check-out procedure. Some hotels/resorts don't have an extra charge for use of room safes, the Decameron is not one of them.

Sechelt, Canada
Level Contributor
195 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Safes at Royal decameron

They are key operated and they charged me $30.00 in advance for 15 days.

Crash