We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sea Life Park - Royal Dolphin Swim or Vallarta Adventures...

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
IL
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Sea Life Park - Royal Dolphin Swim or Vallarta Adventures...

Has anybody recently gone to Sea Life Park and done either the Dolphin Encounter or the Royal Dolphin Swim? If so what was your impression or is the Vallarta Adventure one better? Thanks.

1. Re: Sea Life Park - Royal Dolphin Swim or Vallarta Adventures...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:54 am, March 08, 2006
Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
566 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sea Life Park - Royal Dolphin Swim or Vallarta Adventures...

The sea life park is a fun way to spend the day with all the slides & lazy river. They also include a dolphin show & walrus & parrot shows included with the price. But dont do the dolphin encounter, too much $$$ & not even close to Vallarta Adventure!!

Toronto, ON
Level Contributor
32 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sea Life Park - Royal Dolphin Swim or Vallarta Adventures...

Does anyone know about how much these outings cost?

Saskatchewan
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Sea Life Park - Royal Dolphin Swim or Vallarta Adventures...

We went to Sea Life Park on Feb 25/06 and had a great time. We didn't book ahead, just took a taxi there and expected to pay general gate admission to do the waterslides etc. They took us aside to explain the different swim programs. When we told them we weren't interested, this is what we got: 2 adult admissions, 17 year old and 5 year old admissions, and the 2 kids did the dolpin swim, we got free locker and 2 tubes for the lazy river and the total cost was $105.00 US. I didn't think this was too bad. It worked out to $18.00 each for me and my husband to get in and $69.00 for my daughter to get in and swim with the dolphins and my 5 year old was free. They spent at least 45 minutes in the water and totally enjoyed it. They later sell the pictures of the dolpin kissing you for $15 US and you can buy the video for $30 US. There is also a free dolphin show, sealion show and parrot show. The slides are really fast and fun. Too much for me!! I enjoyed the lazy river. It wasn't very full so we didn't have any waiting in line and had alot of choice of chairs. I'd go back!!

Bucerias, Mexico
Level Contributor
969 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sea Life Park - Royal Dolphin Swim or Vallarta Adventures...

I have been to both swim with the dolphins here in nuevo. I would rate the programs about equal for the dolphin swim,both are very professional. There is certainly more things to do at the Sea Life facility with water slides,sea lion and dolphin show and tropical birds. The dolphin encounter program

at Vallarta adventures and the childrens program,which are both abbreviated programs,I would consider adventures first.

Sea Life has a program called the Royal Swim which includes what they call the foot push which involves standing on two dolphins why they propel you around the pool. I wouldnt recommend that manuever for people that are not fit. The facilities are about a mile from one another in Nuevo Vallarta and there is bus service to both.You can find a good map on buceriamexico. There are some differences in cost so you can shop around or see your travel rep as soon as you arrive.

Both excursions are pretty popular and you do need reservations.There are also dolphin programs in the wild-one of them is operated by a famous local photographer Eduardo Lugo whos work can be seen in National Geographic and a host of other publications.