We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Velas at a great price

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Hockeytown USA
Level Contributor
738 posts
Save Topic
Grand Velas at a great price

I'm posting this in both the PV & NV boards. I have just "won" my second week at Grand Velas. The auction site skyauction.com has been offering this or Casa Velas for a few months now.

My original purchase was in the fall and I paid $301 per night. The auction I won last week was for $280 per night. We'll be going in late April.

The hotel is every thing it is billed to be, and at the normal rate of $600 on up I wouldn't feel ripped off if I paid that, so $300 or less feels like a steal.

I thought that others that want to go to either of these hotels but couldn't justify the cost might be able to make use of this info. Good luck bidding if you decide to go for it.

Mentioned in this post
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
Grand Velas Riviera...
2,915 Reviews
Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
Casa Velas
Casa Velas
1,720 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,613 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Velas at a great price

Awsome deal :) Thank you for posting it!!!

So it looks like you might have liked the GV...yes?? ;D

Hockeytown USA
Level Contributor
738 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Velas at a great price

Quincy - the GV was amazing. The only thing we didn't like was one day my wife ordered a hot dog for lunch on the beach. It wasn't the best hot dog ever.

Every other thing they did - they did right.

Amazing room, every meal was truly 5 star - not like some people think 5 star is at an AI, over the top great service in every department, you name it, and it was as good as it could possibly be. I can't wait to go back in April.

El Segundo...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Velas at a great price

Hello - Been wondering what kind of room they put you in when you get a deal with Skyauction? Is it a pool view or ocean view room? I'm planning a trip for Thanksgiving, and right now and the auction site only has room till the end of August. Thanks!

Mountain View, CA
Level Contributor
1,329 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Velas at a great price

Bruce, I tried skyauction.com for Grand Velas.

In the quantity field I am not able to put 3, only allows 2. We have a 9 year old and I know the resort is not adults only so wonder how someone who has a kid can use this site.

Appreciate any info.

Mentioned in this post
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
Grand Velas Riviera...
2,915 Reviews
Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
Hockeytown USA
Level Contributor
738 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Velas at a great price

You can only bid for 2. I think kids are free at GV, but I would double check. Otherwise I think they will charge an additional fee when you get there. I'd ask skyauction. I've always gotten very good quick reponses to email questions to them.

Make sure you read everything. They do charge $49 per person fee, so if you bid $91 a night and win, you will be paying $140 per person per night.

Good luck!

Chagrin Falls, Ohio
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Velas at a great price

I'm so excited! We won an auction for this hotel for $295 a night. We stayed at Casa Velas last year and loved it, so I'm sure we will also love Grand.

One question, how long did it take Skyauction to confirm your dates? We won last Friday and immediately submitted our dates, which are in less than three weeks now. We haven't heard anything yet, and our trip still says "In progress" on their website.

Starting to get a little nervous!

Mentioned in this post
Casa Velas
Casa Velas
1,720 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Hockeytown USA
Level Contributor
738 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Velas at a great price

It took about a week to confirm. I can't see you having any trouble getting your dates - I just booked for Easter week.

J & C - just saws your question. We got a standard ocean view room. It was as good as any in the lowest category in the place.

Edited: 1:10 pm, February 11, 2011
8. Re: Grand Velas at a great price

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 pm, October 16, 2012