We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rio Jalisco

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Byron Mn
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Rio Jalisco

We were wondering if the Riu Jalisco has an outdoor restaurant? Also how about king size beds and do all rooms have a patio or balcony with patio door? Does anyone know if theres bus service to Puerto Vallarta and if so how much? And how much are taxis's?

Iowa
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rio Jalisco

We stayed at the Riu Jalisco last February. The restaurant closest to the beach is open-air with a beautiful view of the beach and bay, we sat eating dinner hearing the tide...was wonderful. We also ate lunch several times at this same restaurant (fish tacos were great for lunch).

Our room was just a standard room I think but we did have a king size bed and a balcony, it appeared all rooms have either patio or balcony. There is bus service from the Nuevo Vallarta area I was told but we never tried it. I heard it's a fun experience with musicians playing for tips etc.

The Riu Jalisco is a wonderful resort...we've recommended it to everyone, very clean, friendly, you'll love it!

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rio Jalisco

We just returned from the Riu and taxis into to P.V. were going for$15 US or more. It was $5-$7 to get to Bucerias or Paradise Village plaza. The bus can be caught into to P.V. on the opposite side of the street of the hotel, the front desk has a schedule, being so far out the buses don't run as often as others. Coming back you catch it from Walmart and the bus has to say Riu or Samaba on it in order to be going all the way down the strip. Our bed was king size, but other rooms have I think it's two 3/4 size beds pushed together. Hope this helps.

Byron Mn
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rio Jalisco

Thank you both for the information, it was very helpful.

Thanks again,

Kim

Toronto, Ontario
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Rio Jalisco

just came back yesterday. There are bus services to puerto vallart, but i would not recommend it because it takes forever to get there and what they don't tell you is that you have to change buses to get there. So, at $2.50US per ride, you'll end up paying $5.00 each way, each person. It would be better to just cab it.

The rooms have 2 doubles pushed together for a king size bed and they all have balconies. Requests for rooms that face away from the courtyard because that's where the disco is. Otherwise you'll be listening to the loud music and screams way into the early mornings everynight.