We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dolphin Encounter-is it worth it?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Northbrook, Illinois
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Dolphin Encounter-is it worth it?

We will be in Nuevo Vallarta 12/31 - 1/7 (can't wait!) We have a 15 yr old who doesn't really want to do the dolphin encounter (or anything else involving family)and a 13yr old who really wants to try it. Is it worth the money? Do we need to book it before we leave? Also, is water park admission included in the price? I will be extremely grateful for any advice.

Level Contributor
194 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dolphin Encounter-is it worth it?

I would suggest you do research ie google cleanliness health issues when swimming with captive dolphins

there are many very happy dolphins in Banderas Bay which playfully swim alongside the boats. what better education for the kids than seeing them in the wild in their habitat. Also good eco tours which will take you to see them.

Black Diamond, AB
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dolphin Encounter-is it worth it?

My daughters and I did the dolphin encounter 2 years ago. They are 15 and 16. It something they will never forget. There is no need to book before you leave. It is located at Vallarta Adventures in Nuevo. The encounter cost approx $45 each for 1/2 hour and the dolphin swim cost approx $70 for 1 hour. It was very clean and well organized. They have showers for you to rinse off before and after the swim. They take pictures and videos of your encounter and you may buy them after. We bought pictures of the dolphins kissing us and my husband video taped us. Well worth the money. Have fun.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,202 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dolphin Encounter-is it worth it?

You might also want to google "wild dolphins vallarta" and see some neat tours/events involving wild dolphins.

4. Re: Dolphin Encounter-is it worth it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:32 am, March 08, 2006