We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Luxxe Residence Club Review

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
California
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Luxxe Residence Club Review

We just returned from a week's stay at the Grand Luxxe. I am surprised that Trip Advisor doesn't have a review section for this hotel yet. The Grand Luxxe is beautiful. For those of you who have stayed at the Grand Mayan, it is even more beautiful and much more peaceful. Each building (there is only one right now) only holds about 60 rooms in comparison to the GM which holds close to 1000 people. If you like to be pampered, this is the place for you. Your floor concierge is basically at your beck and call and will even unpack and pack for you. Every morning they will bring you fresh coffee to your room. During the week they had a sax, violin, and piano player during the evenings at the lobby bar.

Pools:

The pools are great, very much like the GM, but MUCH less crowded. All the lounge chairs have towels on them (no checking them out) and most days they have fresh flowers on them. While you are at the pool, you will have your glasses cleaned, be offered cold citrus cloths to wipe your face with, be offered cold fruit popsicles and so much more. They will bring out toys for your kids or if you need a magazine to read, they will bring that to you too. If you need a partner to play table tennis with, someone will play with you. It is a whole different world than the GM. You also have full access to all the Mayan properties. We spent about 50/50 of our time between the two. We have two little kids who loved the lazy river and kids area, but is was so nice to go back to the Luxxe pools. The GM pools have become so crazy. You can't find lounge chairs or tubes if you get there after 11:00.

It is about a 7 minute walk to the GM pools.

Blue Fish:

Currently there is only one restaurant on the Luxxe property, which is excellent. If you like Ceviche, this will be your place. It also has a wonderful selection of a variety of dishes. Restaurant closed at 5:00pm, which is a bit inconvenient.

Checking In:

This is a breeze....nothing like the GM. No waiting and no issues.

Rooms:

The villas are amazing. We stayed in the full size one, which has 2 bedrooms, 3 baths and a living and family room (which can be a 3rd bedroom). The kitchen is large, but still use more bowls and utensils. It has a very good size fridge but no oven. The dinning room table can easily fit 8-10 people. The bathrooms are very similar to the GM's...a little larger and they have a different bath tub...but still very nice. The shower is also very nice with a rain shower style head.

There is free wifi in the rooms as long as you bring your own computer.

The decks are the best part...very large with two hammocks, a very large soaking pool, patio table and lounge chairs. The view is amazing.

There is also a laundry room on every floor for guest to use...I forget how much they charge for the soap...but it is reasonable.

Negatives: Sound travels very well throughout the hotel (most of its marble). We had some loud neighbors, but after speaking the the Concierge, they took care of it.

Construction is still going on nearby on the other buildings. There is no immediate beach access yet. You have to walk to the Mayan Palace's beach (not that far, but still a walk).

Overall this is an amazing hotel and I can't wait to see what it will be like when it is completed. I hope and pray that it keeps it quiet sophisticated atmosphere. The service is wonderful and I would highly recommend it. You pay for what you get..the exclusively definitely makes your stay very special.

Riverside, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Luxxe Residence Club Review

Thanks for the update.....we are going from Sept 4th to Sept 10th. Only problem I have had is in the communication with someone from the resort.

We are trying to change our reservation from Sept 3 to Sept 4th and we have had no help from anyone there. They keep referring us to interval international. Can you offer any assistance or names. Thanks...want to book our fllights

California
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Luxxe Residence Club Review

The phone number I have for them is 01 322-226-4000. See if that works.

California
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Luxxe Residence Club Review

If you want to see pictures from our trip, visit:

patrickpike.com/2010/08/visiting-puerto-vall…

Riverside, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Luxxe Residence Club Review

Thank you for the update. I will try it.....I am so frustrated now.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
20 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Luxxe Residence Club Review

Finally a good review of Grand Luxxe. I am going in 2 weeks and was wondering if there was a bus to Sayulita and Puerta Vallarta nearby and where if you know. Is Wallmart the best place to shop for groceries? Happy hour at grand luxxe?

Riverside, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Luxxe Residence Club Review

Would love to know the same information. Can't wait!

Yardley...
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Luxxe Residence Club Review

to the poster trying to change dates....you mention II. is this a ts exchange? if so, the resort probably doesn't even have your info yet which is why they are referring you back to II. most specific info (like names of guests) for ts exchanges aren't given to the resort until 7-10 days before arrival.

Yardley...
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand Luxxe Residence Club Review

oops! edit time had expired.....

also if this is a ts exchange and you are NOT looking to change your departure date (only changing arrival date)....all you have to do is notify the resort that you will be arriving a day later. i would wait until about a week prior and call/email them once they have all the specifics (including your name and reservation #).

Riverside, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Grand Luxxe Residence Club Review

Hi MaryJo,

This is a time share exchange with interval interntional. I am trying to move everything by one day. Arrive one day later and stay one day later.

You are probably correct about not getting the info until later.

We had that happen to us in Cabo in June. Thanks

Yardley...
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Grand Luxxe Residence Club Review

some resorts do have multiple check in days (fri, sat, sun) for their ts. depending on occupancy levels there may or may not be a unit available to change from a fri-fri to a sat-sat. i would call II (have your confirmation number) immediately because it must be done through their inventory as it is an exchange. they may also charge you for the change if it is available if you didn't take the insurance. good luck and please post about your stay. have 3 one bedrooms for next year and hubby would love to get back to pv/nv area. we stayed at villa del palmar flamingos in may and loved it but always looking for a new experience.