We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

royal decameron jan 21/06

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
victoria bc
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Topic
royal decameron jan 21/06

hello everyone, buck here. the eight of

us adults from victoria are off to the royal

on jan 21/06 we stayed holiday inn last jan.

any thoughts,what block to try and get.

is there a fridge in room, is construction

complete thanks so much, buck

WHITBY
Level Contributor
175 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: royal decameron jan 21/06

hey buck:;:;we are also heading to RD will be there Jan 20th,, 2 weeks!!! Can't wait!!! I did read that the construction of bldg 6 was finished,, but not sure about the pool/bars around it!!The way the resort looks,, I think that the building to try and get is 3 or 4,, closer to the action,, but then again,, it's up to the individual,, looks like bldg 5 & 6 is pretty far from the beach or "action" pool?? Hope someone that has been there can let us know,, it's so hard to try and put all info together,, I'm sure it will all work out!! I just can't wait to get off the plane and FEEL THE HEAT!!

Have a great flight,, see you there!!

WHITBY
Level Contributor
175 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: royal decameron jan 21/06

hey buck:;:;we are also heading to RD will be there Jan 20th,, 2 weeks!!! Can't wait!!! I did read that the construction of bldg 6 was finished,, but not sure about the pool/bars around it!!The way the resort looks,, I think that the building to try and get is 3 or 4,, closer to the action,, but then again,, it's up to the individual,, looks like bldg 5 & 6 is pretty far from the beach or "action" pool?? Hope someone that has been there can let us know,, it's so hard to try and put all info together,, I'm sure it will all work out!! I just can't wait to get off the plane and FEEL THE HEAT!!

Have a great flight,, see you there!!

WHITBY
Level Contributor
175 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: royal decameron jan 21/06

not sure why the duplicate,????

victoria bc
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: royal decameron jan 21/06

hello everyone, buck here. the eight of

us adults from victoria are off to the royal

on jan 21/06 we stayed holiday inn last jan.

any thoughts,what block to try and get.

is there a fridge in room, is construction

complete thanks so much, buck

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,538 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: royal decameron jan 21/06

Heh guys, there's a thread 'on the go' in the Puerto Vallarta forum where I'm sure you could get some 'up to date' answers to your questions.

The forum member just returned from the Royal Decameron and she's seeking to help future go'ers with their questions. See Potra's thread.

On a side note: we stayed 3 weeks there back in '04, there were no fridges in the rooms. We stayed in Building #5, right at the back of the complex, in a ground-level room, just a few steps away from the so-called "adults-only" pool. Nice spot. Small patio in front of our door for sitting, and some greenery between us and the pool, for bird & iguana watching/feeding.

Enjoy!!

Toronto
Level Contributor
298 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: royal decameron jan 21/06

Hi bucknaked. We returned from the Royal Decameron last night. There are no fridges in the rooms, but you don't need them since some of the bars are open late and you have bottled water in your room. Don't forget your shampoo and alarm clock, because they're not supplied either. About your name: we heard sirens one night and were told later that a Canadian guest who'd had way too much to drink, got "naked" and hotel security called police, who hauled him off to spend the rest of his stay in jail. Drunken rowdiness is not tolerated, but having fun is. This is a resort for all ages. Lots of families with young children, young couples, honeymooners -- everyone from two months to 85 years old, I'd say! And beware of the waves when the red flag is up. One friend we went with -- a very strong swimmer -- went out into the ocean the first morning we were there. A large, powerful wave caught him unawares and slammed him against the ocean floor, dislocating his shoulder and breaking his arm badly, and he had to spend four days in a P.V. hospital, including Christmas night, when a surgeon had to come from Guadalajara to operate on him. His holiday wasn't the greatest, but I hope yours is. Enjoy -- the RD is a great place!