We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach & Jellyfish @ Palladium

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sandwich,IL
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Beach & Jellyfish @ Palladium

Have read several reviews and still do not have answer. Are jellyfish always around the beach(in the water) at the Palladium? How is the beach area?

WWN
Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
126 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach & Jellyfish @ Palladium

We were at the Marival 3 weeks ago for 7 days which is farther South of the Palladium.

When we went on the boat for our snorkling tour we saw lots of jellyfish around and in the Red Tide. At the Marival's beach there was none until the last day but Red Tide had moved in around 10:00 am and they red flagged the beach at that point as there was 4 people stung in an hour.

Calgary, AB
Level Contributor
250 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach & Jellyfish @ Palladium

jellyfish are not always around the beach at the palladium. They put up a flag when they are there. Just ask them what color the flag is when the jellyfish are around. They will tell you.

sandwich,IL
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach & Jellyfish @ Palladium

Thank you "uniden1". I was alittle concerned about the jellyfish. Have never been anywhere that we've even seen one.The kids are really into the ocean, and I'm happy with the sun and pool,and the beverages(of course.) Is the beach very rocky or are people just exaggerating? I've also read that the water is "very fishy" smelling. Did you or anyone notice this? We were maybe thinking of the Melia if not at the Palladium> know anything about it?

thanks.

christine

Calgary, AB
Level Contributor
250 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach & Jellyfish @ Palladium

Yes, the beach is very rocky and there weren't alot of people swimming. It's probably better to stick to the pools.

Aldergrove.B.C.
Level Contributor
167 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach & Jellyfish @ Palladium

mschris - When we were there the beginning of November, we were told that there is only a certain time of year that the water gets loaded with jellyfish. Our kids played ini the waves, but when they wanted to swim they seemed to play around more in the pools. (14,17) Friends of ours were out kayaking, etc. My son did get stung once a friend of his as well. I had packed some antihistime and gave it to him right away. Took any sting away, etc. They suggest that you either urinate on the sting or also take a hot shower. We did not find that water fishy smelling at all. Hope this helps

Colorado
Level Contributor
366 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach & Jellyfish @ Palladium

They had "jellyfish invasions" two of 8 days when we were at the Palladium in May. They were in the water and washed up on shore as well, where our preschooler picked one up. She was not hurt but she was attracted to it because it had a very bright blue color. They put up a red flag when the jellyfish are there and also when the undertow is very strong. (There are also yellow and green flags-green is the best conditions for swimming) The employee on the beach that rents boogie boards and stuff was able to give us some info, he said they never know when the jellyfish will arrive until someone spots them (or FEELS one). I'm not sure if that's acurrate, I'm just relaying what he said.