We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Velas and kids

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Tigard Oregon
1 post
Save Topic
Grand Velas and kids

We will be staying at the Grand Velas over spring break (March 19-25) I haven't read anything about kids there. Is this a kid friendly place? Their ages are 12 and 14. Thanks!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
145 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Velas and kids

Have you read the reviews of the Grand Velas on this site? A few people said they went with their kids and had a great time.

Granite Bay, CA
Level Contributor
582 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Velas and kids

Kids will do fine at this hotel, especially during spring break when there might be more kids then ordinarily. The place can be on the quiet side, so you might want to go on a few excursions or venture downtown a few times. This resort is absolutely wonderful. I try and tell everyone who's going that you don't have to order from the menu in Azul. Just ask for what you want and you're likely to get it! Have fun.

Ohio
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Velas and kids

Hi, we will also be at the Grand Velas during Spring Break but our daughter is 8. If you find out additional information, please share!

Winnipeg, MB
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Velas and kids

We stayed at the Grand Velas two winters ago and had a wonderful time. The pools are unrivaled and the beach is also gorgeous. Our room was huge and although we did not have children with us there would have been plenty of room for them. Every view is perfect from any room and the food was the best I have experienced in Mexico. Make sure and ask them to cook fresh for you from the food behind the counters at the buffet and don't miss out on the fresh guacamole made while you wait. Agreed the place is a little sleepy in the evenings but there is plenty to do in the area (PV).