We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

canopy tours

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
wisconsin
2 posts
Save Topic
canopy tours

We'll be staying at the Riu Jalisco Jan. 29 - Feb. 5, 2005. We'd like to try the Canopy Tour. Has anyone tried this? If so, how did you like it? What was the cost? Do you have to book with a certain tour company, or are there different companies that book the same Tour? Also, do you go in the water at all? Should we wear bathing suits under our clothes? Thanks for the info!

Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
185 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: canopy tours

Read through the past posts in the PV forum- you'll find lots of info. Vallarta Adventures is the reputable company in town in fact I don't know if anyone else does any canopy tours. I did it in January for about $75 US I think. I just booked it through the rep at my hotel (the Solare /Samba next door to the RIU). If you end up in the water, you've done something terribly wrong. The closest you come to water is on the last leg where you go over a cold looking creek/river into the bar.

Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
200 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: canopy tours

It's outstanding. Well worth the money and time, don't miss it. And don't be afraid, it's very safe and they take good care of you.

Maritimes, Canada
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: canopy tours

AMAZING!!!!! You don't get wet - the one we went on anyway. There are 3 different canopy tours - but one of them is suppose to be by far better - I can't remember the name but it is the one we took. It was $65US and you got picked up in a "bus" by the "gas station". You go up in the mountains and then cable back and forth all the way down. The highest one was 45 stories high and 1/4 mile long over a ravine! AWESOME! At the bottom they have a bar and also 2 water slides carved into the rocks - very neat. We swam in the fresh mountain water for half an hour or so before we had to get back on the bus. REALLY GREAT! Would do it again in a second!