We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any tips for travelling to Riu Jalisco

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver
7 posts
Save Topic
Any tips for travelling to Riu Jalisco

My family and I will be going to Riu Jalisco in January, just wondering if anyone could provide us with some good advice about staying at this resort

So far earplugs, room deoderizer, and a pillow is what I have on my list. But what about the rooms, which floor to stay on and what view to ask for? Or anything else that you think may help.

Thanx,

J

ohio
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Any tips for travelling to Riu Jalisco

Mike 71

I would email them again and maybe put Javier's name in the subject line that way he will more than likely get it. Hopefully!

I had no problem with him. He emailed me the very next day.

Level Contributor
4,534 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Any tips for travelling to Riu Jalisco

Mike

Just as was mentioned above ~ Javier Fernández Solsona / Riu Caribe v Jalisco ~ that's what I put in the subject line.

I'll be leaving in THREE days!!!!

PA, USA
Level Contributor
150 posts
1 review
Save Reply
23. Re: Any tips for travelling to Riu Jalisco

OK thanks Chrissy & Zeeka, I'll try again.

Zeeka, have a great time & hopefully you can write a detailed review when you get back if you have a chance. How long are you going for?

Also, is the Caribe part of their name in Nuevo Vallarta? I hadn't been putting that in my email.

So have you emailed this guy about a room you would like & about some of the negative comments that have been listed on here about his hotel?

Thanks,

Mike

Level Contributor
4,534 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Any tips for travelling to Riu Jalisco

Mike..

sorry.. The PV is Riu Jalisco and in Cancun there are 3 Rius - Caribe/Cancun/Palace. We usually stay at the Caribe.

I was

Level Contributor
4,534 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Any tips for travelling to Riu Jalisco

continuing my reply here ~ ~ I asked him about any rooms facing towards the ocean and possibly not too high in case I'm in the mood for taking the stairs. THe reply wasn't concrete, but he said he'd see what he could do and is looking forward to our arrival.

No, I didn't inquire about any of the bad comments. I'm really not worried about any of them. I had went to the review site and was in contact with a person who has been pleased with this Riu. If I don't have a great time on my vaca somehow or another, then I should just stay home.. haha.

I'll be there for only a week, this is the Cancun alternative trip. We were originally going to be leaving on Friday, but we took what we could get here.

I know the water isn't as beautiful as Cancun so i'm not bringing my snorkel gear nor will I be diving. I know the sunsets are spectacular on this side. It is also much cheaper on the PV side. As in our trip had went down $800 since booking it 3 weeks ago. yahooo.