We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

grand marival- grand side or club side

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
unknown
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Topic
grand marival- grand side or club side

I'm trying to book at trip to the marival and wondering which side is better to stay on the club side or the grand side. Do I understand it right that the club side is the newer side.

Canada
Level Contributor
85 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: grand marival- grand side or club side

No, actually the Grand is the new side, but the Club was renovated last year. Grand is usually slightly more expensive. If you need/want elevators, you should stay on the Grand side -- no elevators on Club side (but I think only 3 flights max -- no big deal). More suites on the Club side. Std/Superior Rooms themselves are basically the same at each.

unknown
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: grand marival- grand side or club side

dlminbc

When were you there? Would you recommend this resort?

wisconsin
Level Contributor
323 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: grand marival- grand side or club side

I was there Apil 2005 and stayed in a club super suite. Loved it and would go back anytime. Take a thermal mug along as there is no bar service on the beach and you need to take drinks with you from the pool. No big deal as it is a 20 foot walk from the beach to the pool bar. You will love this resort.

unknown
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: grand marival- grand side or club side

Thanks Holsteins, I've been debating between the Marival and the Velas Vallarta. From all the reviews I think I'm going to go with the Marival. Seems like there is just alot there.

Canada
Level Contributor
85 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: grand marival- grand side or club side

Hi Dreb -- we've been there 4 times -- last time was this past March and are leaving for another trip on Nov 5-19. Obviously we love this resort. We've stayed on both the Club and the Grand sides. Both are nice. We got a good deal on the Club side so are staying there on our upcoming trip. I've never been to the Velas, so I can't comment on it, but we've stayed at the Royal DeCameron and the Melia and while those are nice, we feel the Marival is much better

Hope this helps