We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palladium Vallarta - looking for info

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sunshine Coast, BC
Level Contributor
146 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Palladium Vallarta - looking for info

I have just booked a trip over Christmas to the Palladium Vallarta. I will be happy to just kick back and enjoy the resort but my husband and "kids" (21 and 19) will want a little more action. I would appreciate any suggestions / hints about making the most of our 8 days in paradise. i.e.: activities, excursions, making the most of the resort, Bucerias, etc.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
107 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Palladium Vallarta - looking for info

Random, I didn't have time to go up to Punta Mita but it's another little town the opposite direction of Bucerias. About 10 people at the resort went there and rented a boat and went snorkelling at Marqueisas (sp?) Island. If you wanted to go up there, you can also catch a bus which runs by the Palladium but not sure how much bus fares are. Where in the Sunshine coast do you live?

ilovehorsesandsun....i did the canopy tour. The key to having a great time for this is mastering the braking system as you have to use your hand to do that. I didn't quite get it and i injured my arm...one lady in our group was in tears but the majority loved it. Besides boogie boarding, surfing and if they get a chance to use the kayaks and go out on the caterman, i don't think there is a whole lot of action for teenagers at this place as it's pretty quiet. They have the disco open for teens from 10-11.

coffeecrew...definitely try the local bus at least once. The locals are really helpful and friendly. If you want to bus to PV, don't worry about the "wild" run. It really isn't that wild. I didn't understand why people were saying that as i expected a rickety bouncing bus. You're not sliding off your seat or anything so I was very comfortable and felt very safe. There were two buses i went on that had really soft seats like a coach line. But try the bus to Bucerias first as that is shorter and then you can decided if you want to go further to PV another time.

Aldergrove.B.C.
Level Contributor
167 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Palladium Vallarta - looking for info

Bluesummer, thankyou for the advice, will definitely try it as we are game for just about anything.

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
11,251 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Palladium Vallarta - looking for info

Bus ride is FUN. there are 2 bus lines, one has older buses and one has newer. Both are fun, Just tell the driver where you want to go,and sit up front. I thinks it was 7 pessos to Bucerias and 14 to PV (Sam's-Walmart)then you have to pay more to get downtown.

Do Go-NOt wild -Just Fun to Do. A MUST- Cheers

Sunshine Coast, BC
Level Contributor
146 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Palladium Vallarta - looking for info

Bluesummer Thanks for the info. I live in Halfmoon Bay.

Get answers to your questions about Nuevo Vallarta