We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Distance Between Nuevo Vallarta and Puerto Vallarta

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Mississauga
Level Contributor
23 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Distance Between Nuevo Vallarta and Puerto Vallarta

Hi,

I'm looking to determine more or less how far is it between Nuevo Vallarta and Puerto Vallarta. Also, I'd like to know if there are any local (to N.V.) restaurants, activities and tours, or if one really needs to go to P.V. for these.

Also - if you have any specific comments (good or bad) on the Palladium Vallarta.

Thanks very much.

Rick

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,407 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Distance Between Nuevo Vallarta and Puerto Vallarta

First the Palladium Vallarta has been well-reviewed, but it's a long way from Nuevo Vallarta. (15-20 minutes by car). I don't know how they get away with listing its address as Nuevo. It's about 10 minutes south of Punta Mita by car and about 45 minutes from Puerto Vallarta by car, but much longer by public transit. It's really not within walking distance of anything. That's not to say it's not nice; just that it's more for people who primarily want a self-contained resort.

Mississauga
Level Contributor
23 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Distance Between Nuevo Vallarta and Puerto Vallarta

Thanks very much for the quick response. That matches what the brochure says. I could have sworn that some websites said that it was only 20 minutes away. If we're looking at 45-50 minutes it would probably cut down on when we might want to go to P.V.

Right now, I'd probably lean more towards P.V., it sounds to me like the Palladium might be a little bit too secluded for doing a lot of outings - would that be a reasonable statement?

Thanks,

Rick

b.c.
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Distance Between Nuevo Vallarta and Puerto Vallarta

hi just wondering if you could suggest a room number in the palladium with either a great view or closest to the pool deck. thanks