We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Watch out for Trafictours!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Denver
Level Contributor
5 posts
79 reviews
113 helpful votes
Watch out for Trafictours!

(TripAdvisor wouldn't let me post this on the regular reviews because they said they don't allow reviews of Tour Companies, not sure why, so will post here)

Funjet Vacations uses Trafictours not just for transportation but for their resort tour booking. We got to our resort OK, had to wait a while to find an available van, but that's OK. But leaving we went to our Funjet representative who is a Trafictours person, and was told for our 1pm flight on Friday to be checkout and ready to board taxi at 9am. They had our senior in-laws on a 12:10 pickup even though they were on the same flight and same Funjet reservation. We were told they'd fix that. My wife told them this was too early, so I went back and told "Ismerelda" to just have the taxi there at 10am and we'd take any risk. She refused, got rude with me, and wouldn't budge. My wife said "don't make a scene" so I didn't We skipped most of breakfast to get showered, packed, and checked out, waiting dutifully at before 9am, no taxi. No one in the Funjet booth (Ismerelda is late). Finally about 10am the van shows, and Trafictours guy goes to check us off his list. He still has our parents on the 12:10pm pick up, we explain, he refuses. We show him our reservations, our flight times, everything, he says "sorry I can't do anything." My FIL and wife are going crazy arguing, I'm putting their bags on the van, because they're going with us come hell or high water, when Ismerelda happens by and corrects the matter. We're stuffed into this van all cramped because they they didn't plan for 2 more, and one other guy went who wasn't on the list. At the airport, United desk doesn't even open until 10am, and was 10:30 when they finally opened. Don't trust Trafictours, insist on fulfilling the contract, and be prepared for the worse - or don't take Funjet. Apple never seems to have this problem but maybe they used Trafitours in PV too?

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
9,173 posts
52 reviews
45 helpful votes
1. Re: Watch out for Trafictours!

Welcome to trip advisor.

Sorry to hear about your problems.

We have been using Funjet and their rep in PV (TraficTours) for many years. We have been going to the Golden Crown (By the cruise ship terminal) twice a year for the last 6 years without any problems. For some reason, Apple does not offer the GCP.

We have also used Funjet and Aplle for many of out other trips to PV going back 20 plus years.

Never had a problem with either.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
168 posts
2 reviews
9 helpful votes
2. Re: Watch out for Trafictours!

I ran into huge problems with our Funjet people at Rui Jalisco yesterday. Long story, but he actually just lied to my face and we almost didn't get to the airport. He had quite an attitude and I ended up in a yelling match with him - quite embarrassing but the only way I could get our problem resolved!

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
9,173 posts
52 reviews
45 helpful votes
3. Re: Watch out for Trafictours!

Siss

sorry you had a problem too. The OP never mentioned a hotel but they did post on the Nuevo board. Sounds like maybe it is the reps at the RIU and otheres nearby that a the problen.

As I said, we stay near the cruise marina so it is probably different reps but same company.

Always been good for us. Since we are only 10 minutes from the airport, we always leave on our own about 2 hours before departure. Several times, the rep was still there and even though we missed his pick up, he still paid for our cab to the airport.

4. Re: Watch out for Trafictours!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:21 am, October 22, 2009