We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walmart or Costco In Nuevo Vallarta

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
AB
Level Contributor
42 posts
18 reviews
38 helpful votes
Walmart or Costco In Nuevo Vallarta

Hi there, I was wondering if there is Walmart or Costco In Nuevo Vallarta. I just do not want to bring any big items for my lil one. If yes, how far is it from Riu Jalisco?

Thanks a lot!

DuPage County...
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
10,708 posts
43 reviews
80 helpful votes
1. Re: Walmart or Costco In Nuevo Vallarta

The nearest Walmart is a fair distance from Nuevo Vallarta. It is south of the airport across from the Maritime Terminal where the cruise ships dock.

The Mega, a large combination grocery/department store is on Route 200, just past the Flamingos Country Club; it's much closer to the resorts in NV. It's a lot like a Super Walmart or Super Target and has become my home away from home whenever I'm in Bucerias.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
9,162 posts
52 reviews
45 helpful votes
2. Re: Walmart or Costco In Nuevo Vallarta

Mega is your best bet. Costco is even farther from Nuevo than the Wal Mart.

San Antonio...
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
15,702 posts
669 reviews
645 helpful votes
3. Re: Walmart or Costco In Nuevo Vallarta

Mega is a great store so I have to agree with the previous posters. Have a nice vacation!

illinois
Level Contributor
96 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
4. Re: Walmart or Costco In Nuevo Vallarta

does the Mega have good prices on meat and fish? is there a place in nuevo or bucerias that would be better (especially for local produce/meat/fish? is lamb available readily?

DuPage County...
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
10,708 posts
43 reviews
80 helpful votes
5. Re: Walmart or Costco In Nuevo Vallarta

Mikyd, I think the steaks, ground beef and boneless pork chops that I have bought at Mega were very good and a lot lower prices than at supermarkets in Chicagoland. Sorry, I haven't looked for lamb and I don't like fish, so I can't comment on those. I don't think there are any supermarkets in NV, but the grocery store in Paradise Plaza sells meat. I haven't bought any, but I think it's probably pricey, in keeping with the rest of the store's offerings.

illinois
Level Contributor
96 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
6. Re: Walmart or Costco In Nuevo Vallarta

elenamx - thanks for all your advice in the forums by the way :) we'll be there in 10 days we're actually on the la cruz side of the bay but I figure the mega is the closest big store around, stopping there on the way in next friday :)!

7. Re: Walmart or Costco In Nuevo Vallarta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:27 am, August 11, 2009