We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursions in Nuevo Vallarta

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
La Crosse, WI
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Topic
Excursions in Nuevo Vallarta

Hi all! Traveling to PV in January, staying at Marival. Need to start looking at excursions. My girlfriend wants to swim with dolphins, I hear there's the cacopy tours available. Can anyone give me any info/web addresses to check out, etc.

Many Thanks!

John

La Crosse, WI
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Excursions in Nuevo Vallarta

Sorry, that was supposed to be "canopy" tours! As in the treetops.

John

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
39 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excursions in Nuevo Vallarta

I believe vallarta-adventures.com has what you are looking for.

Another tour company is best day. www.bestday.com good luck!

Michigan
Level Contributor
148 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excursions in Nuevo Vallarta

I stayed at the Marival in 4/05. It was excellent. I did a really long review of the resort and the detailed description of excursions. Search for my review of the Marvial in the review section of this web-site. I did the review in 5/05. Everyone recommends Vallarta Adventures for tours. I did not use them. Try Amigo Tours in Puerto Vallarta for your tours. EXCELLENT PRICES & GREAT TOURS. They have a web-site and I think there offices are located with Pacific Scuba. If you can't find my review, reply back and I will give you names and phone numbers for the tours we enjoyed. You are going to have a blast at the Marival and PV.

Mentioned in this post
Vallarta Adventures
Vallarta Adventures
3,795 Reviews
Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
Puerto Vallarta
Puerto Vallarta
Jalisco, Mexico
Southern, Illinois
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Excursions in Nuevo Vallarta

John S,

If you will send me an email at jensmomeiu@earthlink.net and title it Marival I will send you all the info I have. It includes excursions and hotel information.

We went swimming with the dolphins and the adventure (don’t swim just get in the water with them) and loved it. They sell videos or DVD’s for 35.00 – 42.00 we got the vhs and it is wonderful. They really try to get everyone in the movie.

Have a great time

Karen

Dallas
Level Contributor
148 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excursions in Nuevo Vallarta

My husband and I really enjoyed the Rhythms of the nigth tour.

in fact, it was the highlight of our trip.

killarney, mb...
Level Contributor
187 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Excursions in Nuevo Vallarta

We stayed at the marival last January and absolutely loved it. We did the Las Caletas tour, the Rough guide tour of PV and the Canopy tour all through Vallarta adventures. We also went deep sea fishing. Next time we will do the Los Veranos canopy tour as I have heard it is better than the Vallarta Adventures one. We loved the Las Caletas tour as well and next time would do the Rhthyms of the Night which is a tour to the same island but at night.

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Vallarta
Puerto Vallarta
Jalisco, Mexico
Los Veranos Canopy Tour
Los Veranos Canopy Tour
2,552 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Vallarta Adventures
Vallarta Adventures
3,795 Reviews
Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
Paso Robles,Ca
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Excursions in Nuevo Vallarta

My family and I were just there July 27- Aug 3rd, along with some friends with their extended family. The dolphins through Vallarta Adventures is not that good. You don't get to spend that much time with the dolphins, not to mention, it is a lot of money. If you are serious, then check out the water park as you drive into Nuevo Vallarta ( less than 10 minutes away from the Marival). My friends children ( ages 10 and 17) spent a half hour in their pool with 2 trainers and 2 dolphins and had the whole thing videoed for $100. We did the Margalante pirate ship tour, Las Calatas, and Villa de Palmar Horseback riding though a semi- tropical forest which was the best tour( food as well as service). The marival was also fun, just be careful if you go out on the town in Vallarta. My husband and I tried to book a bar hopping excursion so we would not have to deal with taxis or haggling and on the day that we wanted to go, the tour company cancelled the tour. Taking taxis from club to club can get expensive. We went down to the malacon and it was dead inside all of the clubs downtown( not to mention very expensive for drinks). The situation that was disturbing is that we were at Carlos O Brians, ( which was dead) we asked them were to go if we wanted to dance without paying a huge cover. They told us to go to Senor Frogs. After a $4 cab ride later the door man said $39 cover charge and open bar foam party. By this time it is 12:30am and we already had plenty ot consume at the hotel. the worst part is that the staff was letting tons of people in without paying( locals mostly guys and some women)After we went back to the Marival Disco which was more lively than the clubs downtown as well as the drinks were free. If you want a vacation away with excursions, this is the place to go, but if you want night life, go to Cabo.

Mentioned in this post
Vallarta Adventures
Vallarta Adventures
3,795 Reviews
Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
Nuevo Vallarta
Nuevo Vallarta
Riviera Nayarit, Mexico
Puerto Vallarta
Puerto Vallarta
Jalisco, Mexico
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Level Contributor
72 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Excursions in Nuevo Vallarta

We did a Vallarta adventure tour...

Whale watching/snorkeling and an afternoon on a private beach.

Basically we board the boat in the morning- and head out into the bay towards this rock island (sorry can't remember the name of it)

We were lucky enought to see a few whales - well actually their tails. No bar service was available until the afternoon... safety sake for the snorkelling.

We made a lap around the island and then they anchor the boat for snorkeling and also there was scuba divers. I don't recommend the snorkelling for non or poor swimmers. You do get a lifejacket but you are not near a nice sandy shore but a rocky outcrop. The current carries you away from the boat and then you must swim against the current back to the boat. Some people - including myself- had to be rescued and brought back to the boat - this can be somewhat scary as your sitting there in the water waiting and the boat is getting further away.

After we got safely back to the boat - the bar is open and everyone else is eating lunch because they either stayed on the boat or made it back on their own.

They then take you to the private beach were you spend a few more hours kicking back and the staff is going around serving beer.

Back to the boat and some games and more drinks on the way back.

Not bad - but I would just warn people about the snorkeling thing. It was my first time snorkeling and I didn't expect it to be like that. I'm not a bad swimmer but by the time I fought agains the current and a surge of people swimming I was exhausted.

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Vallarta
Puerto Vallarta
Jalisco, Mexico