We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
mid wales, uk
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
weather

we have booked for end of May 2006 to go to the Riu Jalisco, andhaving read some of the reviews I am starting to wish we hadn't, can anyone say anything good about this place? Also really concerned to know about the weather here for the end of May first 2 weeks in June, has anyone been this time of year, that can advise please? Will I go home brown???

Be grateful for any open candid comments regarding the above points asap./.~

St. Louis
Level Contributor
144 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather

we were at the riu last week. it is beautiful. our room was great. had no problems with it. we asked for extra pillows, we had our shower drain cleaned out, we asked for our room to be cooler, we asked for a different TV remote, we asked for extra beer and soda...none of these were a problem and were done promptly. we had rooms 5163 and 5164...great view! the food was some of the best we have had at this price all-inclusive. the drinks were good tasting and you could ask for more alcohol...no problem. the beach was okay and was almost clean. my big complaint were the pools...DIRTY and HOT. also the pool areas were not kept as clean as they should have been. the shows were like any others we have seen. we had a great time! i would not go back because of the pools. our weather was wonderful and we were all brown...you should be also in may.

Toronto
Level Contributor
381 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather

I was at the Riu from June 24-July1/05 and the weather was great! I really dont see there being any problems the first two weeks of June! Weather is usually nice in June!

We loved our stay at the Riu....and I do agree with Tomatopa...pools are just gross....they are good enough in the morning, but try hitting the beach in the afternoon....much more pleasant! Rooms were great (try to get family rooms if you want some extra space--we paid the same price for the family rooms as the standard room and found it to be a bit more comfortable!)

All four of us got great tans! We enjoyed the food more than our previous all inclusive vacations! Staff was so nice....you will have a great time,

The negative comments are mostly B.S. in my opinion!!! :)

Entertainment was not too great, but drink, and you'll be fine!

Overall, im sure you will have a great time and more importantly, a great tan!

Have Fun!