We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone stayed at the Allegro?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Chicago
3 posts
Save Topic
Has anyone stayed at the Allegro?

My wife and I are going to the Allegro in January. Has anyone stayed at the Allegro before? If so, what did you think?

Milwaukee,WI
Level Contributor
387 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone stayed at the Allegro?

If you're reffering to the Allegro in Puerto Vallarta, it's very nice! I stayed there 4 years ago when I was 16, it was the first family vacation we had ever had out of the country and we had an amazing time! The staff was very friendly, we had a waiter who served us every night named Miguel, he knew all of our names and remember our favorite drinks! He even made me and my younger sister special drinks to try every night! The beach was awsome, we went on a horseback riding tour that was absolutely amazing.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
167 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone stayed at the Allegro?

We went to the Allegro last February. It was just beginning renovations, which we WEREN"T told about when booking, but if you could look past that sort of thing in the rooms and hallways, it was good.

Food was good, not great, but good. The beach was good, hawkers not too persistant and the staff are some of the friendliest we have ever had at an all inclusive. There is one lady at the front desk who isn't the most pleasant person we have ever come across, but that can happen anywhere. You can walk across the street to the Paradise Mall and eat McD if you want! There is a little grocery store there which is interesting, a cyber cafe and a bank machine among other things. Make sure you reserve your chair on the beach early in the morning with your beach towel as they fill up fast.

Have a good time!

Chicago
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone stayed at the Allegro?

Thanks Jullie & Psychopsis. I'm hoping that the renovation projects have been completed by now. This are first time to an all-inclusive resort. We are looking forward to our visit, but had read some reviews that were not too good. It sounds like you all had a good time and I think we will too. How was the water sports equipment, i.e. kayaks, boogey boards, etc.? Was there enough to go around? Also, are there bikes that can be checked out? And how were the rooms? What about the entertainment at night? Thanks again for the advice.

Milwaukee,WI
Level Contributor
387 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone stayed at the Allegro?

There were always plenty of boogy boards and kayaks available when we wanted them! Watch out for the color flags they're holding up on the beach, I never noticed them and decided to go boogy boarding on a red alert day - horrible idea - I have never experienced anything as bad as a jelly fish sting before, it hurt sooo bad!! Night time activities were kind of lame, but they were fun, the activities people were always so enthusiastic with what they were doing it more than made up for it! There was always something going on, I don't think I've ever played that much beach volleyball in my life! I'm not sure about bikes, never looked for one but I'm sure they have them. The rooms were nice enough, make sure to keep the air conditioner on unless you want slippery floors, and everything feels damp because of the humidity, it might not be as bad in January though, that's when humidity is at it's lowest.