We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Velas Nuevo Vallarta

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Granite Bay, CA
Level Contributor
582 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Velas Nuevo Vallarta

Own a time share at the Grand Velas. Would like some opinions from others that have stayed there. What costs are they requiring of you for all inclusive, etc. What benefits are they offering to other time share owners, RCI members, and regular guests? Just curious.

Orange County, CA
Level Contributor
931 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Velas Nuevo Vallarta

Just got back last night from Grand Velas. Fabulous time! I am not an owner nor did I come in with a time share trade; however, we became good friends with an owner and many that had come in on RCI, etc. For owners, they got a price break on the all inclusive. I think about 30% off. The regular rate is $125.00 per adult and $60.00 for kids up to age 12. The RCI people got no discount, they had to trade in their time and still pay the $125.00/$60.00 rate. The Grand Velas owners also got a 25 minute massage per adult each day. Our friends enjoyed that! I think they also got a discount in the boutique so they definetly got benefits no other time share folks there got. This is a fabulous resort and I am planning on going back next year this same time. There were Grand Velas owners, those from other time shares and many like us that just booked a vacation package. Service was great, food was wonderful.

Enjoy!

Orange County, CA
Level Contributor
931 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Velas Nuevo Vallarta

One more quick note, I booked this trip through Costco travel and we got a parlour suite for two adults and one child including the all-inclusive for $360.00/night. To me it was quite affordable but you should hunt for the good deals. Ran into someone that paid the rack rate for two adults and two kids. Yikes, $720.00/night!

Granite Bay, CA
Level Contributor
582 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Velas Nuevo Vallarta

You got a really good deal. You paid only dollars more than we do as timeshare owners. I guess the only difference is that we get massages. I think they can really get away with charging all over the board. You done good! P.S. - Isn't it just the best place? Did Victor and Eduardo wait on you at the pool? They were our favorites.

Orange County, CA
Level Contributor
931 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Velas Nuevo Vallarta

Yes, I realized I got a very good deal! Our best waiters at the pool were Francisco and Angel. The only Eduardo I remember was at the pool bar and he was wonderful! It is a wonderful, calm place and that is just what I like. My 12 year old loved it too so it was great all-around. We had done 4 nights at La Jolla de Mismaloya before coming to Grand Velas and there is really no comparison. I will be doing Thanksgiving there again. Great time of year to be there and wonderful people. Really missing it this morning, that is for sure!