We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New "MEGA" store website

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Trail, Canada
Level Contributor
300 posts
6 reviews
12 helpful votes
New "MEGA" store website

I was going through my papers from recent trip to RDC and came across my sales slip from Mega, it has a website if you want to have a look before you go. Heard alot of people that had to go into PV to Costco are really enjoying having Mega so close.

www.comercialmexicana.com.mx

Cheers!!

Kamloops
Level Contributor
48 posts
5 reviews
6 helpful votes
1. Re: New "MEGA" store website

Do they sell bathing suits there??

thanks

Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,663 posts
129 reviews
419 helpful votes
2. Re: New "MEGA" store website

I don't think Costco has opened yet

Thanks for the limk :)

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
13,897 posts
79 reviews
250 helpful votes
3. Re: New "MEGA" store website

The new store is great. I believe they have bathing suits, as long as you're a smallish size (like most clothes in Mexico).

If you're a larger (even average size or a taller) woman, here's a store that you might want to check out as part of a day trip to Vallarta. I haven't been there myself, but I will definitely go. I'm too tall for most standard suits, particularly here.

http://www.curvaspeligrosaspv.com/

Trail, Canada
Level Contributor
300 posts
6 reviews
12 helpful votes
4. Re: New "MEGA" store website

Yes they sell bathing suits. Something like Zellers or Walmart quality and prices. Ladies,Girls,Mens,& Boys suits.

BC
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
4 helpful votes
5. Re: New "MEGA" store website

Does anyone know where I can find a map to show exactly where this new Mega store is?

MN
Level Contributor
25 posts
16 reviews
5 helpful votes
6. Re: New "MEGA" store website

First off the Costco in PV opened about a year ago. It is almost downtown so it's probably 10 minutes past Wal-mart. I'm not aware of one being built in Nuevo, but that would be great.

The Mega is at the south end of Bucerias, on the main road (200), just north of the last exit in Nuevo Vallarta for Flamingos. It has a giant orange pelican sign that is 50 feet high, so I doubt you'll have trouble finding it.

I personally would not bother with the website, because on any given day you cannot be guaranteed they will have what you are looking for specifically. Overall it is a great store though.

DuPage County...
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
10,708 posts
43 reviews
80 helpful votes
7. Re: New "MEGA" store website

When you are going north from PV on Route 200, you will go through the town of Mezcales and through part of Nuevo Vallarta. When you get to the golf course, the Flamingos Country Club, you will see the Mega complex which is at the next stoplight. There is a small strip mall attached to the store and there are some other small shops inside.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
99 posts
93 reviews
113 helpful votes
8. Re: New "MEGA" store website

Is there a money exchange at this store? If not, does anyone know the exchange rate for US $ at this store? Does anyone know the hours they are open on Saturday evening and/or Sunday morning? Thanks

DuPage County...
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
10,708 posts
43 reviews
80 helpful votes
9. Re: New "MEGA" store website

Don't know about a cambio being in the Mega, but there are 2 bank branches where you can change money. Scotiabank and Bancomer are both in the strip mall that's attached to the store. You can change money at the Lloyd Investments branch there, too. Also, there are 4 ATM's inside the store and 1 in each of the bank branches.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
99 posts
93 reviews
113 helpful votes
10. Re: New "MEGA" store website

Elena,

Do you happen to know if they cash travelers checks at those bank branches? I recently heard that it's become difficult to cash them. We never had a problem with this in the past. Do you know?