We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Decameron - June 20 - July 05

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
San Francisco
13 posts
Save Topic
Royal Decameron - June 20 - July 05

Is anyone going to be staying at the Decameron during this time? What is the weather going to be like?

Markham, Canada
Level Contributor
645 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Decameron - June 20 - July 05

We just got back from the RDC last Friday night. We were there from May 27 to June 3.

I don't think their rainy season is here yet.

For us, every day went like this:

At 6:30am it is still dark. Yes! But that's true.

At about 7:30am there was daylight, but don't be fooled by the overcast sky.

By around 8am the sun has come out. However, it is still nice and mild - not too hot.

After that it was all sunny and hot. It went up to about 30c (86F).

In the afternoon strong wind came from the bay. The wind was so strong that they had to cancel the catamaran sails and hoisted the red flag in order to warn people not to swim.

Sunset about 8:15pm. Don't miss that. Just go to the beach and watch it. Really nice and romantic.

Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
130 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Decameron - June 20 - July 05

It will likely be overcast for a few days and some rain should be expected. Excellent time for outings to Bucerias or whatever! We found it a welcome relief from the heat.

Averages:

weather.com/activities/…

uk
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Decameron - June 20 - July 05

Hi, I worked in Marival which is about 10 minutes drive from RDC. It will be very hot around lunchtime but will be cold in the morning. The evenings will be humid and will stay hot until early hours.

Will probably rain most mornings but this will be over by 10am at the latest! The RDC is a wonderful hotel, My ex boyfriend works there as a dancer. the shows are amazing (i am biased) and the entertainments staff work really hard to make your holiday a dream. It is a great place with beautiful surroundings and gardens. Dont be put off by the brightly painted hotel room exteriors as the insides are not so bold!

Anyway, have a great time and hope you enjoy it!

If you Go into town - and want some TACOS late at night. Go to the collage club on the way into PV and stop opposite the club at Racoon Tacos. I thin they are actually called "nicos Tacos" but they bave racoons there so thats why we called it that. They do amazing tacos in there for only 6pesos pero taco.

take care - JLC

uk
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Decameron - June 20 - July 05

Hi, I worked in Marival which is about 10 minutes drive from RDC. It will be very hot around lunchtime but will be cold in the morning. The evenings will be humid and will stay hot until early hours.

Will probably rain most mornings but this will be over by 10am at the latest! The RDC is a wonderful hotel, My ex boyfriend works there as a dancer. the shows are amazing (i am biased) and the entertainments staff work really hard to make your holiday a dream. It is a great place with beautiful surroundings and gardens. Dont be put off by the brightly painted hotel room exteriors as the insides are not so bold!

Anyway, have a great time and hope you enjoy it!

If you Go into town - and want some TACOS late at night. Go to the collage club on the way into PV and stop opposite the club at Racoon Tacos. I thin they are actually called "nicos Tacos" but they bave racoons there so thats why we called it that. They do amazing tacos in there for only 6pesos pero taco.

take care - JLC

Sechelt, Canada
Level Contributor
195 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Decameron - June 20 - July 05

Hi Mexicohereicome,

my wife and I will be there from June 18th to July 02. I have heard that the weather is hot until the later afternoon and then if it is going to rain, it will last 1/2 hour to several hours, nicely cooling the day off..!! The foliage is supposed to be spectacular with the onset of the rainy season, hope to see you there..!!

Crash and KD

Sechelt, Canada
Level Contributor
195 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Royal Decameron - June 20 - July 05

One week to go :} I can't keep my mind on my work..!! LOL

Crash and KD

St. Louis
Level Contributor
144 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Royal Decameron - June 20 - July 05

we were at the RDC last july. i thought it was very hot, especially in the evenings. the days were okay because you had the pools. the shows were so hot- so many people crowded in a closed in area. the resort is great and lots of fun. remember your insulated cups and sun screen, and a visor or hat.

Sechelt, Canada
Level Contributor
195 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Royal Decameron - June 20 - July 05

thanks tomatopa, Crash

Cloverdale BC
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Royal Decameron - June 20 - July 05

We will be there from Cloverdale BC June 25-Jul 02 hope to see you guys there!

Family of 4 coming down to Mexico for our first time just look for a guy in a CANADA baseball shirt

Sechelt, Canada
Level Contributor
195 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Royal Decameron - June 20 - July 05

See you there Pazzo :}

Crash and KD