We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question on the swimming pool at the Riu Jalisco

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
Question on the swimming pool at the Riu Jalisco

Do they have floating chairs to use in the pool ?

Independence, MO
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Question on the swimming pool at the Riu Jalisco

redhot

From all of the AI resorts I have been to, I have never seen any. Unless you are talking about the chairs that are submerged and are stationary for peaople to lay in that keeps your body at the surface of the water?? ( some have those, some do not)..

I think they frown on that kind of thing?? Know that I wouldn't like to have 150 people floating in cahirs in the main/ adult pool..

Try checking out webshots.com for photos.. Type in riu jalisco and you will get a ton of photos to look at.. Do not think you will see any floating anything, in any pool.. Hope this helps??

Ontario
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Question on the swimming pool at the Riu Jalisco

Thanks Jack, I didn't think there would but had to ask because the Mrs told me to, lol. Just 10 more days and we will be there to see it first hand.

Thanks again, RHheat

St. Louis
Level Contributor
144 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question on the swimming pool at the Riu Jalisco

last year i took a floating raft to the royal decameron and it was no problem. will try and find out if i can take one to riu.

Ontario
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Question on the swimming pool at the Riu Jalisco

Hey Don & Annie, I know by looking at the pictures that they have loungers just under the water that you can lay on but no umbrellas, guess you'll have to keep going over to the swim up bar to get out of the sun, not so bad.

See you soon

RHheat

St. Louis
Level Contributor
144 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question on the swimming pool at the Riu Jalisco

received an email from someone who was just at Riu and said they let you take blow up floats in both pools. i took one last year when we went and then just gave it to some people we met.

Calgary
Level Contributor
541 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Question on the swimming pool at the Riu Jalisco

They do not supply any floating chairs at the RIU. If you have one of the foldup pool chairs I'd bring it - forget what they are called - but they look really cool. (not blowups) They do have the cement lounge chairs in the shallow part of the adult pool - kind of hard as you would imagine.

Ontario
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Question on the swimming pool at the Riu Jalisco

Thanks for the info, I'll tell my sister in law .

Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,889 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Question on the swimming pool at the Riu Jalisco

We just returned...........No floating things were allowd in the adult pool.........dont know about the kids pool.

St. Louis
Level Contributor
144 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Question on the swimming pool at the Riu Jalisco

funny that you say that. i emailed the resort and asked about blow up rafts and they said no problem.

here is the email:

Hola, Thank you for the e-mail. We count with irons that you can use during your stay. You can bring your own raft and use as well.

If you have further questions please let us know.

Your friends at Riu Jalisco

Reception

wondering now if i can use it. thanks.

Texas
Level Contributor
204 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Question on the swimming pool at the Riu Jalisco

I will confirm what JHG said, they do not allow blow up mattress or toys in the adult pool. There must have been a misunderstanding. I did see people with that sort of thing in the ocean. I'm not sure about the kids pool either, but I believe the only floating things I saw were the arm things they wear to keep them afloat.

Get answers to your questions about Nuevo Vallarta