We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

riu jalisco JHG from texas??

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Independence, MO
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Topic
riu jalisco JHG from texas??

I posted a response about the drink, you did not respond..

about that egg crate mattress you will be receiving??

Willing to make you an offer to pass it on to me.. A bottle of the best BBQ sauce Kansas city has to offer, or you choose the sauce if you are familiar with them?? If not just tell me what you like, sweet ,hot , crazy hot or just a very good one to take home???

If your not interested ok.. worth a shot.. But still want that drink with you before you leave!!!

See you on June 9th...

Arkansas
Level Contributor
4,333 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: riu jalisco JHG from texas??

Hola Jack!!!!!!!

Sounds like a deal. Regular hot would be great. I emailed the nice lady from Dallas the other day to see if we are still on to get it from her. She didnt respond, but I'm sure she was just super busy getting things ready for her trip.

I know how that is, I've done the yardwork, my wife has done tons of laundry, we've both been eating stuff we dont want to leave in the fridge.

We have a daughter that in the last few weeks we have: bought her a car, tried to sell her old one, got her to her out-of-town-boyfriend's prom, got her to her prom, several church services, her high school graduation, the receptions afterward.......... WOW!!!!! I need a vacation!!!!!!!

We'll see you on the 9th. I'll leave a not at the check-in desk for you with our room number.

california
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: riu jalisco JHG from texas??

I will sooooo see you guys there. A little over a week until we be the Corona commercial!!

Independence, MO
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: riu jalisco JHG from texas??

OK JHG654

It is a deal.. However, your going to leave a note at the front desk?? How do I go about asking them for a note?? Do I ask them for a note from JHG654?? You can leave a note at the front desk for the" Lackey family".. If this helps??

Just in case you do not get the egg crate matress.. You still get the bbq sauce!!

Independence, MO
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: riu jalisco JHG from texas??

Caligirl look forward to seeing you and your husband..

You are the red head with the bald guy right??

We are the family with all the kids...

We should hook up sometime during the week and say hi.. Just look for the blue eyed baby girl with blonde hair piggy tails, 20 months old and both of us chasing after her..

Just look for the Kansas City Chiefs shirt on the chair at the family pool and a blue stroller, and we will not be far away...

california
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: riu jalisco JHG from texas??

Hey Lonejack...nope the shaved head guy with the redhead is buzzie1000...I think. I need to take some notes. I think we are very average 30 yr. olds but we did make our own thermal mugs. We both have big black mugs his with a Dale #3 sticker and mine says FOX (fox racing). I have a feeling with 700 people it will be impossible. We will get there about 7pm or so on the 9th. Oh wait my hubby will wear his black tank top that says "my drinking team has a racing problem" you cant miss him!! Your little girl will remind me of my little one when she was that little....she is 9 going on 20 now.

Arkansas
Level Contributor
4,333 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: riu jalisco JHG from texas??

Hola! I'll leave a note for you, from jhg654 from Texas. We'll try and get a big table at the buffet area for the evening of the 9th beginning about 7pm(ish). While my sister and brotherinlaw are non-drinkers (they're not, like real religious, or anything, they just dont drink) My Mrs. and I are not so pure of character.

We'll have a bash and the four of us can share all of the things we've learned in the week we've been there. I have found that this is the best way to learn about the little things that make a week at an allinclusive much better.

I have several tshirts, mostly nondescirpt. However, I will be wearing either a stone/khaki golf cap that sez Cleveland Golf, or a stone/khaki safari type hat that also sez Cleveland Golf. (This is required as I play with all Cleveland clubs)

These last two and a half days at work are going to be like a visit with the proctologist while we're waiting to leave. I'm having random Mexico thoughts about every 5 minutes and cant concentrate on work at all. I've got a presentation to give at a seminar on the Thursday after we get back. The prep is not going so well.

Yo queiro ir a Mexico y beber cerveza en la playa y jugar el golf y divertime con me esposa mucho!!!!!!!!

JRP
Parker, Colorado
Level Contributor
56 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: riu jalisco JHG from texas??

Holy Crap!!! You guys are psyched!!! Looks like we're going a couple weeks too late...but we're looking forward to your posts when you return...wish we could be there...you're so freaked you'll probably crash into each other and not even know it!!! I hope we can hook up with someone as excited...who'll be there between June 26 and July 2?? Anyone, anyone??? Have a trip Jack, Cali and JH !!! Keep us updated...

JRP

Arkansas
Level Contributor
4,333 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: riu jalisco JHG from texas??

Jack, I think the redhead is audiofilly from Dallas. The gal we're getting the egg crate thingy from. But I could be wrong, its been known to happen.

Independence, MO
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: riu jalisco JHG from texas??

Wow!! OOPs to cali girl, sorry.. And to JRP, get excited! You only live once and a trip like this is something very special..

For us as a family, (and our kids are used to this kind of trip).

It is something you all will talk about and remember forever!!

You spend the money for something like this and how can you not get excited about a trip like this?? And I dont know about you, but I am so ready to leave work and just relax.. Let the cerveza flow and what will be, will be much better than what I deal with day to day.. I agree with JHG.. I can not keep focused on work.. And I have a huge case on June 20th, the monday after I get back home!!! I have done every thing I can to prepare... But hey, Im going to Mexico and by God I am going to enjoy it with my family, and if I can meet some people along the way ?? How fun is that?? Everyone I have spoken to here in this forum have been a great help!! That's why it is here!!

Have fun JRP!!

JHG going to buy your sauce this week.. If I don't talk to you here on Thursday... See you in Mexico..Have an awesome time, and eat well!!!!

Arkansas
Level Contributor
4,333 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: riu jalisco JHG from texas??

I just saw on the news that today is "leave work early day"!!!!!!! Thats good, cause I'm going to. I played 9 holes after work yesterday, packed last night, I have everything ready - I hope. We hit the road at 2:00 am in the morning. Drive to DFW, plane leaves at 8:45 am. We'll land in PV around 11:30 am. Enjoy the Mexican Customs bag searches. Tease the timeshare trolls at the airport. Enjoy the guys grabbing for the luggage outside the airport. Take that fabulous bus ride out to Nuevo. Wrestle to get up to the desk and check in. And have to wait till 3:00 pm to actually get into our rooms.

But that's fine. One of our carryon bags has the beachwear, towells, sunscreen, and thermo mugs. Merriment and glee will begin in earnest at once.

More later.............