We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Comparison between Allegro Nuevo Vallarta by Occidental and...

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Jose
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Comparison between Allegro Nuevo Vallarta by Occidental and...

Hi Everyone,

My wife and I planning to visit Nuevo Vallarta, and want to stay in an all-inclusive resort. While doing our research, we are narrowing down on either the Royal Decameron Costa Flamingos or the Allegro Nuevo Vallarta by Occidental. The Allegro Nuevo Vallarta by Occidental seems to be a little bit more expensive as compared to the Royal Decameron Costa Flamingos and reading some of the reviews for the Royal Decameron we are getting the feeling that it might be a "budget" place. We are not extremely picky but we do not want to compromise on our vacation for the sake of a couple of hundred dollars.Can somebody please provide some feedback based upon any past experiences?

Thanks

iowa
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Comparison between Allegro Nuevo Vallarta by Occidental and...

We just returned from the royal decameron on may 24th. It is not a budget hotel. The beach is nice, staff friendly and plenty of food. The rooms are not huge, but always clean. Who is in their rooms anyways. I would highly recommend the Royal Decameron, we had a great time. The fact that it cost less is just an added bonus. Hope you have a good time.

Calgary, AB
Level Contributor
73 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Comparison between Allegro Nuevo Vallarta by Occidental and...

I have stayed at the Occidental and it is a very budget place. The rooms are nothing to write home about and the food is mediocre. The staff are friendly but they can only talk to you for about 3 minutes maximum. Yes, sounds very crazy but it's true.

I have heard very good things about the Decameron and have driven right into the complex (letting people off from a tour). It looks beautiful.

So, I would say that the Occidental is more of a budget place.

Sechelt, Canada
Level Contributor
195 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Comparison between Allegro Nuevo Vallarta by Occidental and...

Mexicovisitor,

So what did you decide ? When will you be there ? We will be at the Decameron June 18 to July 2....maybe we'll see you there ?

Crash

vancouver island
Level Contributor
155 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Comparison between Allegro Nuevo Vallarta by Occidental and...

Hi!!I just got back from two weeks at the Decameron.I really liked it,very clean,staff is super nice,the beach is beautiful,lots of stuff to do,lots of room to meander on the grounds.One thing I will mention is that the Decameron is not in Nuevo Villarta but in Bucerias,this means that to get into downtown Puerto Villarta is 20$going in and 25$coming back!!!a set price!!To get to Nuevo Villarta is 10 $,15$to walmart lolso.....I took the local bus,VERY EASY and CHEAP,i saved a TON of money.I did most of the tours,which were great and fun.The grounds are wonderful,the shows are worth checking out.I walked up to the little town Bucerias and had some meals at Adriana's,the ORANGE restaurant,ssuch a great spot,around a 25 minute walk.The flea market there is well worth checking out.I took the local bus to Sayulita and had an awesome day,about a 40 minute ride northbound,ask your tour rep at the hotel for directions.anyways have an amazing time!!I like to be near the downtown action so it was a ways to go,however I have no regrets about my choice.Take care