We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu June 9th...anyone else?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
california
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
Riu June 9th...anyone else?

Hey anyone else going to be at the Riu Jalisco early June. We will be there 9-14th. Cant wait!!

Louisiana
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu June 9th...anyone else?

I've been to the Riu Palace in Playa Del Carmen and it was fabulous. Clean and very nice. I am sure this location will be nice as well.

Independence, MO
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu June 9th...anyone else?

Caligirl,

We arrive on June 9th.. with our three children, June 9th - June 17th .. Looking forward to the trip!! We are very well versed in all inclusives, this one will be new for us however... Hope to see you there. Do not worry that we have children.. They are well mannered and would most likely challenge anyone to a sporting event that the resort will offer if you wished, they enjoy the nightly entertainment and our daughter loves to do the kids shows before the nightly entertainment shows begin.. Hey maybe we can buy you a drink if we meet??

Ok just kidding since it's an AI.. Seriously though, Everyone of us will have a lifetime of memories... Enjoy and hope to see you you there..1 month from today we will all be sitting in PARADISE!!!

Randy & Anita

california
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu June 9th...anyone else?

1 month from today is right. I have the count down on my calendar at work. We are soooooooooo ready. I hope we can meet up with you while we are there. Competition with the kids is just my speed so it should be a blast. You spring for a drink and we will pick up the tab for dinner.....haha!! Anyway the count down has begun. Talk to you soon and I hope this month goes by super fast.

Robin & Doug

Ontario
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu June 9th...anyone else?

We will see you there thiscaligirl were goig from the 3rd to the 17th, look for the shaved head with goatee and the redhead,

our names are Mike and Donna.

Look forward to meeting you.

california
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Riu June 9th...anyone else?

How will we ever find anyone once we get there?

This forum has been so much fun and tons of help.

Colorado
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Riu June 9th...anyone else?

Hi, my wife and I will be there at the same time traveling from Colorado. I have read some of your other postings and I'm interested in the bad things you have read.

california
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Riu June 9th...anyone else?

Hey Larry,

I have read several different reviews on different sites. Some complaints are the same. Cold undercooked food.....so Im learning to say "cook it well done" in spanish. ha ha! Very loud at night. Hard beds. That stuff doesnt bug me what Im worried about is the one review that said they had 3 room safes broken into. And the reviews that say they were sick the whole vacation from the food or the ice. But other then that Im not too worried. I cant remember which site I saw the one about the room safes it would be interesting to know how long ago that was. Seemed like an isolated event but who knows. Hope you are enjoying this forum as much as I am.

good luck and maybe we will see ya there.

Robin

Colorado
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Riu June 9th...anyone else?

Hi Robin,

Thanks for the return information, it sounds like the same warnings we get when we traveled to Playa Del Carmen and Cozumel. This will be my first trip to the pacific side and hoping to have fun.

california
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Riu June 9th...anyone else?

ok all of you that will be there the same time as us June 9th-14th. Lets meet up and have a drink!! How will we ever find those that we have been talking to? It is going to just be us so it would be nice to meet some new friends. I know that some of you are going on Friday. Make sure you post something so I know who to look for.

Robin

Arkansas
Level Contributor
4,178 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Riu June 9th...anyone else?

See you there. We'll try and get a big table the evening of the 9th in the buffet area. CHeck my last response to the string "jhg from texas".