We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nudist beaches

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
184 posts
Nudist beaches

Staying at the riu palace pacifico.If i walk on the beaches in either direction from here am i likley to encounter naturists......Hope not it spoils a good walk.

22 replies to this topic
Leavenworth, Kansas
Level Contributor
1,261 posts
171 reviews
251 helpful votes
1. Re: Nudist beaches

There are no nude beaches in the Nuevo Vallarta area. You can enjoy your walks. Miles to the north, 2 or 3 to the south. Walk up to Bucerias and have coffee ,lunch, or a cool one. The only creatures that you see undressed will be the fish.

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
13,998 posts
147 reviews
312 helpful votes
2. Re: Nudist beaches

No. In fact even topless is frounded at in Mexico.

Enjoy your trip.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
5,030 posts
13 reviews
23 helpful votes
3. Re: Nudist beaches

TO clarify #2, topless is frowned upon in this part of Mexico. It’s very common on the Playa del Carmen side.

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
13,998 posts
147 reviews
312 helpful votes
4. Re: Nudist beaches

Yes .

Darn auto correct.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
15,565 posts
65 reviews
138 helpful votes
5. Re: Nudist beaches

Not as common as it used to be on the Mayan side, for sure, these days it's a lot less popular even in the places in Europe it used to be commonplace- but you do still see topless women there, yes. I actually saw a catamaran on Isla Mujeres unload a boatful of mostly totally naked people who proceeded to go play volleyball and cavort around drunkenly in the water....but that is a pretty rare sight anywhere on that coast.

There are total nude beaches close to Huatulco/Puerto Escondido (Zipolite area) in Oaxaca, too. As well as sections of some adults resorts in different areas. It might be technically illegal in Mexico but they look the other way.

I don't believe there are any in NV or PV though.

Edited: 12:29 pm, May 23, 2019
B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
13,998 posts
147 reviews
312 helpful votes
6. Re: Nudist beaches

Right Rissask. Illegal,

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
275 posts
22 reviews
3 helpful votes
7. Re: Nudist beaches

In the past I saw on two different occasions topless women in front of the Royal de Cameron. Just look the other way and keep walking if it bothers you.

Leavenworth, Kansas
Level Contributor
1,261 posts
171 reviews
251 helpful votes
8. Re: Nudist beaches

It is amazing what young women (and even young men) will do when they are far from home for the first time. I know from experience. I used to have been there done that.......but that was years ago...

Bucerias, Mexico
Level Contributor
329 posts
18 reviews
15 helpful votes
9. Re: Nudist beaches

It's not just the young that like to run around naked. There's nothing worse than seeing naked old men and their wives. Yuck.LOL

Leavenworth, Kansas
Level Contributor
1,261 posts
171 reviews
251 helpful votes
10. Re: Nudist beaches

#9 You just notice the naked old men, not the young men???????

Reply to: Nudist beaches
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted