We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Smoking in the pools

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Castleford, United...
Level Contributor
124 posts
12 reviews
5 helpful votes
Smoking in the pools

Coming to stay at riu Vallarta this winter.

Asked the question on the hotel review page so thought I'd ask on here for a response as well.

Are guests allowed to smoke in the pools.. An if so why.. Heard all the stories about guests peeing in the pool around the pool bar is it the same for smoking is it just around the bar..

I'm a non smoker and it just seems very unhygienic.

I await people's mixed responses

Cheers

I have a thick skin and won't be offended by blunt answers

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
13,952 posts
147 reviews
312 helpful votes
1. Re: Smoking in the pools

Glad you took advice to ask on Forum.

Hope comments are not Inappropriate. Lol

Rius still allow smoking outside! Even balconies,which upset next door neighbour., Just Not inside,or inside room.,. So Yes around pool in still allowed.

Castleford, United...
Level Contributor
124 posts
12 reviews
5 helpful votes
2. Re: Smoking in the pools

Cheers joleen more bothered about actually in the pool. Saw it a lot on the Caribbean side...

Not a fan smoking in the pool is so inconsiderate

Leavenworth, Kansas
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
171 reviews
248 helpful votes
3. Re: Smoking in the pools

I have seen smoking around the pool which I highly disagree with. Not observed in the pool. If I saw someone lighting up in the actual pool I might 'accidently' splash water on them. Have been tempted to around it. I hope some smokers read this as in close quarters it is highly inconsiderate to smoke around others who, as myself, are highly allergic to tobacco smoke.

Leavenworth, Kansas
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
171 reviews
248 helpful votes
4. Re: Smoking in the pools

4. Second part of you question. What posters refer to about peeing in the pools are the lazy or inconsiderate people who sit in the water at the pool bar and are too lazy or uneducated to get out of the water and go to the restroom when the urge comes. Some swimmers are guilty of this as well. Again, just hope for more considerate people while you are there.

Castleford, United...
Level Contributor
124 posts
12 reviews
5 helpful votes
5. Re: Smoking in the pools

Thanks for the replies

Would like a smoker to give their point of view

I fully respect the individuals choice to smoke.. Just not around food and 100% not in a swimming pool.

I agree with you calm John will come down to the kinds of people I am sharing the hotel with

Hopefully non smokers and considerate guests with enormous bladder control

Victoria, BC
Level Contributor
684 posts
3 reviews
7 helpful votes
6. Re: Smoking in the pools

I have smoked around the pool however out of proximity of non smokers and never with a child near. If there are others around me who are non smokers I happily take myself to a different location to light up. I have witnessed many people lighting up in the pool with the swim up bar with their ashtrays on the small tables. I'm happy you asked this as it is a reminder for myself to pay close attention while partaking in my silly habit.

As for peeing in the pool, I frown upon that😊 however I'm sure it happens.

7. Re: Smoking in the pools

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 4:52 pm, May 09, 2019
Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
2,991 posts
16 reviews
13 helpful votes
8. Re: Smoking in the pools

I second the 'accidental' splashing sentiment.

Aylmer, Canada
Level Contributor
3,441 posts
18 reviews
20 helpful votes
9. Re: Smoking in the pools

Smoking IN a pool? How does that work? Wont the cigarette get wet?

10. Re: Smoking in the pools

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline prohibiting hate speech and racist or culturally-insensitive comments. Hate speech is defined as: speech or written word intended to degrade, intimidate, or incite violence or prejudicial action against a group of people based on their race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or disability.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:27 am, May 20, 2019
Get answers to your questions about Nuevo Vallarta