We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Goind to Marival next week, need advice!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
california
11 posts
Save Topic
Goind to Marival next week, need advice!

Our family is going to spend 5 nights at the Marival next week, is the weather too cold for swiming in the ocean? Should I pack sweater and wind jacket for the kids (3 and 4 yrs old)? What other things should I bring along if traveling with kids?

Thanks in advance!

wisconsin
Level Contributor
323 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Goind to Marival next week, need advice!

We were there last week and tons of people were swimming in the ocean. Lots of kids playing on the sand beach but most of the kids were in the childrens pool as it was fun. Small water slide etc. You may want to bring some sand toys for the kids. Lots of kids had those inflatable arm wings and an inner tub or some floating device for the deeper pool. You can purchase these at the hotel but are pretty expensive. Also bring plenty of sun screen and a hat for the kids.

They seem to have a wonderful childrens program that you can put the kids in or an hour, half day or all day. I saw kids screaming when their parents cae as they didn't want to leave the kids program.

I would certainly pack a sweater etc. as the mornings can be cooler 65 and hot by afternoon 85 and windy at night.

I would certainly bring and over the counter pills, tylenol, diarrehea medicine etc you think you might need for yourself and the kids.

Be sure to bring a thermal mug for yourselves for drinks, soda etc at the pool beach.

You'll have a wonderful time.

Toms River, NJ
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Goind to Marival next week, need advice!

Some people have suggested to purchased there beach toys at the Walmart in PV, that way you don't have to lug them from home. Just a thought!

wisconsin
Level Contributor
323 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Goind to Marival next week, need advice!

The taxi from Marvial to PV is $16 each way. For $32 you can purchase more beach toys in the US than you could ever use. Get the inflatable things etc. and leaqve them in the package better yet let the kids carry their own toys on the plane and thewy will have a wonderful time. Leave the toys for the next kids or better yet let your kids give them to someone elses kids as a gift when they leave. What a wonderful way to welcome new kids.

killarney, mb...
Level Contributor
182 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Goind to Marival next week, need advice!

We took a bus to the Walmart - much cheaper than a cab - and fun too! I didn't look at beach toys while were there cause we didn't have our kids with us but I would think it would be cheaper to hit a dollar store before you leave for PV. I would recommend a sweater as it is cool in the mornings and at night. Walmart is the cheapest place we found to buy booze to take back home with us. I had to go check out the walmart just to see what they have in a Mexican Walmart!! Got some cheap hot sauce to bring back for gifts. They had neat hooded towels that I brought home for my kids. I bought my daughter Cinderella and my son Spider Man. I think they were around $12.00

Burlington Ontario
Level Contributor
46 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Goind to Marival next week, need advice!

We just got back early this morning and we were travelling with a 7 year old. I suggest bringing a few sweatshirts - for early morning and late evening only. It does warm up quite quickly so lots of sunscreen and hat - temp. was around 85-90 - nice breeze from the ocean so it doesn't always seem as hot as it really is. The resort is beautiful - lots to do and eat. We took our daughter to the Dolphin Kids and she loved it! Well worth it! Bring thermo mugs - you can have them filled with anything you want. Staff is very friendly and work very hard. I'm sure you'll love it! Swimming in the ocean was great - there are days when the waves were a little high but the water temperature was warm. If you see Luis Luis selling his jewelry, say hi from Camil and Roxanne! He's a really nice guy and if you're looking for some nice rings or bracelets, he's your guy!