We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cirque du Soleil Theme Park Nuevo Vallarta

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Montclair...
Level Contributor
17 posts
32 reviews
26 helpful votes
Cirque du Soleil Theme Park Nuevo Vallarta

Hello,

Does anyone know when this theme park will be completed? I read in the paper that it will be this year 2018.

58 replies to this topic
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
41. Re: Cirque du Soleil Theme Park Nuevo Vallarta

The new completion date is now going to be mid to late 2020

1 post
42. Re: Cirque du Soleil Theme Park Nuevo Vallarta

https://www.reuters.com/article/mexico-touri…

Melton Mowbray...
Level Contributor
3,347 posts
68 reviews
80 helpful votes
43. Re: Cirque du Soleil Theme Park Nuevo Vallarta

What a sad read. We humans and a desire to holiday and travel are destroying our world slowly.

I do feel for the locals.

1 post
44. Re: Cirque du Soleil Theme Park Nuevo Vallarta

I doubt it would be 2019, I was there for xmas and new years 2019 and there still no structures visible, just big machinery working on the land.

San Antonio...
Level Contributor
15,393 posts
662 reviews
637 helpful votes
45. Re: Cirque du Soleil Theme Park Nuevo Vallarta

My last response on this one, Mexican time and I do not suggest holding your breath!! ;)

Calgary
Level Contributor
2,047 posts
46. Re: Cirque du Soleil Theme Park Nuevo Vallarta

That's a good article linked by Ranfer in post #42. Over the past year I have been surprised and disappointed to watch the Vidanta Group slowly but steadily convert the Ameca riverbanks & islands (both east and west of the highway) into something you might see in Florida, the Bahamas, or any golf-oriented tourist destination. I suppose this represents "progress" to some, but to me it looks completely out of context and has undoubtedly damaged the environment.

Meanwhile, up at La Lancha (a popular walk-in surfing spot on the way to Punta Mita) developers have already managed to close one public beach access, and are working hard to close another. The government is in on it too, claiming that a single, low volume footpath to the beach is damaging the environment. How pitiful, compared with the damage that is willingly & knowingly being done & condoned at Vidanta.

Rant over...

Edited: 9:51 am, February 01, 2019
Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
2,877 posts
16 reviews
13 helpful votes
47. Re: Cirque du Soleil Theme Park Nuevo Vallarta

I frequently travel through Jarretaderas and see an old fisherman sitting and repairing his nets most days.

I wonder how much longer he can sustain his family if he can't even access the fishing spots anymore because of Vidanta's sprawl and their cutting off of the village from the river and the Bay.

Seeing crocodiles on the streets of Jarretaderas because they have been squeezed out of their natural habitat due to overdevelopment is another telling indictment.

It's a very sad and unfortunate situation that the government has allowed (and profited from) and the developer has charged ahead with.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
5 helpful votes
48. Re: Cirque du Soleil Theme Park Nuevo Vallarta

I was at Vedanta earlier this week (Jan 2019) and went up to 9th floor of Grand Bliss, overlooking the new park and received an update on construction.

1st of all, I told Vedanta staff they were awful at communication and park goers who are interested in visiting are making up their own messaging about the park. It appears to me as if funding is constrained (I had heard some interesting rumors about original park ownership & funding having come from certain, ah....questionable sources, not rumors I chose to inquire about, but construction is indeed proceeding

1st: the original park architect and Vedanta have (supposedly amicably) parted ways. A new architect has been hired and the park is progressing from what I saw. Both Phase 1, hotels, cirque acrobatics and rides and Phase 2, water park, are under construction. There are 4+ construction canes erecting hotels (typical Puerto Vallarta concrete/block construction) and access roads and various hydrologic and civil construction projects are under way.

2nd: Phase 1 construction is scheduled for completion Nov 2020; not sure of Phase 2 and beyond.

3rd: there will be two levels of park accommodations: a normal hotel style in studio, 1 and 3 bedrooms (with convertible coaches, which, if Sea Garden is any indication are quite comfortable) and an exclusive, ultra expensive, luxury style (I have rights for 10 weeks in 1BR normal style along with guaranteed park admission every day through that week), which I plan to rent on open market, once park opens

4th: there will be a train from the center of the Vedanta property, Santuario (the central cocktail lounge/showroom) as well as a gondola from the Grand Luxe.

5th: attendance each day will be capped at 6,000 people

6th: overall park size is planned for 240 acres (I think the original plan was 26). If you know the Vedanta property, there is more than enough room (and water) to support the planned size. Also, the water park plans include a "lazy river".

These are all plans ass of today...so of course, anything can change.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
2,877 posts
16 reviews
13 helpful votes
49. Re: Cirque du Soleil Theme Park Nuevo Vallarta

'5th: attendance each day will be capped at 6,000 people'

What could possibly go environmentally wrong?

Penn Valley...
Level Contributor
157 posts
50. Re: Cirque du Soleil Theme Park Nuevo Vallarta

Interesting article yesterday on this subject:

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/news/you-can…

Reply to: Cirque du Soleil Theme Park Nuevo Vallarta
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted