We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cirque du Soleil Theme Park Nuevo Vallarta

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Montclair...
Level Contributor
17 posts
32 reviews
26 helpful votes
Cirque du Soleil Theme Park Nuevo Vallarta

Hello,

Does anyone know when this theme park will be completed? I read in the paper that it will be this year 2018.

52 replies to this topic
Bucerias, Mexico
Level Contributor
422 posts
199 reviews
43 helpful votes
31. Re: Cirque du Soleil Theme Park Nuevo Vallarta

I’ll be surprised if it ever gets completed. Plenty of construction of condos at the Vidanta site, don’t hold your breath.

austin,tx
Level Contributor
865 posts
24 reviews
56 helpful votes
32. Re: Cirque du Soleil Theme Park Nuevo Vallarta

I was there last week of October and was told maybe 2020

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
27 reviews
18 helpful votes
33. Re: Cirque du Soleil Theme Park Nuevo Vallarta

We were lured in for a one hour presentation this Friday. We will post and honest review/comments Saturday

Wish us luck!

Edited: 8:57 pm, December 05, 2018
Scottsbluff
Level Contributor
239 posts
16 reviews
5 helpful votes
34. Re: Cirque du Soleil Theme Park Nuevo Vallarta

If you are not careful, your 1 hr. presentation will turn into 4 or 5! If you aren’t interested in buying, be firm with your NO’s.

Calgary
Level Contributor
133 posts
8 reviews
14 helpful votes
35. Re: Cirque du Soleil Theme Park Nuevo Vallarta

How was the presentation, what rewards did you receive, how many hours, did you buy

Thanks

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
27 reviews
18 helpful votes
36. Re: Cirque du Soleil Theme Park Nuevo Vallarta

Presentation not as promised - we were there for three hours. Received breakfast and a tour of their “model” suites (ie not the real deal in their operating hotels). The presentation on the theme park was a three minute film that had a lot of concept drawings and that’s it. The development is three large mounds of dirt. I don’t think there is any hope of it being completed in 2019. Were promised taxi fare back but what they gave us didn’t cover our van ride back (we were 10 people). Not worth the hassle. They want a minimum of $25k US for the privilege of booking at their properties. That’s not including the weekly fee of $700-1100 US, your food and flights. No thanks.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
655 posts
11 reviews
48 helpful votes
37. Re: Cirque du Soleil Theme Park Nuevo Vallarta

gatopaja, thank you for your awareness on this issue. My heart is in pain thinking about what all this development is doing to the locals and the environment. It’s pure greed. Like you said, it’s the tourist demand driving all this and not all tourism is good. I certainly will not support this corporation in any way. And also be more aware of these issues in other areas as well.

Victoria, British...
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
38. Re: Cirque du Soleil Theme Park Nuevo Vallarta

My wife and i were just there 2 weeks ago and were told towards the end of 2019. Or the beginning of 2020.Most of the theme park is being constructed off site.Then they will bring each piece and set it up on site.

Aylmer, Canada
Level Contributor
3,087 posts
18 reviews
19 helpful votes
39. Re: Cirque du Soleil Theme Park Nuevo Vallarta

A betting person might want to wager a few bucks with other bettors as to how long before this is up and running! My guess is a lot longer than 2020.

No all tourism is not good tourism, it's nothing but greed. There's a very small village north of NV that I just love and I found out yesterday there's two resorts slated to be built there. Currently there are none, just a few small hotels. That sickens me and breaks my heart. Soon there'll be no easy place to get to for those of us who dont want big resorts and tons of tourists.

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
3 posts
77 reviews
17 helpful votes
40. Re: Cirque du Soleil Theme Park Nuevo Vallarta

Just returned, there seem to be about 4 hotel buildings roughed in, but not complete. There is a large earthen embankment going around the site.

Saw them actively pouring concrete roadbed every time we drove by, and not by the entrance plaza.

According to one of the Vidanta hotel managers, they have completed the underground utilities, so above ground progress will become more apparent.

Edited: 10:49 pm, December 25, 2018
Reply to: Cirque du Soleil Theme Park Nuevo Vallarta
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted