We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just returned from Grand Luxxe

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Arlington Heights...
Level Contributor
398 posts
4 reviews
4 helpful votes
Just returned from Grand Luxxe

Just returned from a week at the Grand Luxxe if anyone has any questions.

70 replies to this topic
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
72 posts
24 reviews
22 helpful votes
1. Re: Just returned from Grand Luxxe

was the weather warm????

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
18,538 posts
213 reviews
352 helpful votes
2. Re: Just returned from Grand Luxxe

Only specific question about the Luxxe (we've been on site to their restaurants and into the lobby) is ---- is it worth all the extra money (I would be coming through RCI or a third-party, not being an owner) for that upgrade?

We're at Grand Mayan for a week, starting this week, and what I like about it is that it's nearer the beach and walking north. When we were at the Mayan Palace, Luxxe seemed to sit high on that hill and be further away (such as if you were walking the complex on the boardwalks). Did you find that also?

Also, on the rooms, do they have rooms on the mountain side (view) also. Staying at Mayans in the past, we've had either a bay view or mountain view. Both were good, but we do appreciate the view.

Any discoveries on property? Luxxe or others?

Arlington Heights...
Level Contributor
398 posts
4 reviews
4 helpful votes
3. Re: Just returned from Grand Luxxe

@Texasgirl23 - Weather was perfect!. First few days humidity was still high but then it broke. Early mornings on the shuttle can be a little cool, I never wore a jacket but others did. Once the sun is in full swing all is well. Every day was postcard of the day before, sunny and warm with a gentle breeze.

MarlySF - We were in Tower 4 which is set back and spent a good chunk of time at the punta pool. They have added direct access to the beach this year near Costa Area. We continue on the trail around Cost Arena and you end up right at the adult pool adjacent to the Mayan pool, all in all maybe a 5 minute walk. Continue on the boardwalk and a few minutes later you're at the Bliss pool, so really didn't feel that removed. When we walked to Eddies for breakfast we walked the beach from punta down to the end. On the way back we walked through Sea Garden down the beach to the far north Grand Mayan area and picked up the shuttle back to Luxxe. We've been navigating the walkways for a few year now so we have a good handle on our bearings.

Shuttle frequency is better but not yet 100%. They now have a communication tool between the vehicles so they are trying to communicate and plan better. There were two instances where we did wait 20 minutes which in my mind is not acceptable, finally they took us in a private cart. Good news is they now take you directly to the taxi stand (at least from Luxxe) so this cuts out a step.

In Tower 4 your view is either on the river/bay side or overlooking the new par 3 golf course on the resort. We requested the river/bay side as we like watching the fisherman in the area and the bay lit up at night is a great backdrop.

They have started to build the hotels for the theme park, supposed to be finished in 2019. We were told they are going to rent some units in building 5 (like a hotel) which kind of goes against the whole initial idea of the resort, not sure I like this idea. Still no walking exit from the resort, we were told they plan to open a walkway, I will believe it when I see it! Also, no exit going north from the resort yet. Heard there are legal discussions so when/if this will happen who knows.

Hopefully this information is useful.

Calgary
Level Contributor
260 posts
27 reviews
26 helpful votes
4. Re: Just returned from Grand Luxxe

Coffee makers in the rooms? What kind? How is the WiFi? What about prices for the restaurants in the evening? Thank you.

Sault Ste. Marie...
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
5. Re: Just returned from Grand Luxxe

Hi golden.

Sounds like a great spot. We are there month of feb. How are meal prices?

Arlington Heights...
Level Contributor
398 posts
4 reviews
4 helpful votes
6. Re: Just returned from Grand Luxxe

Hi

If you are staying in Luxxe buildings there is coffee on each floor and hot water for tea. The rooms have Nepresso machines but you must pay for these There is also a drip coffee maker in the room if you like. Coffee at LaPlaza is very good and quite reasonable

I would say Wi-Fi was much worse this year than last year. We kept disconnecting which was annoying. We did find out they were doing some update on the Wi-Fi so hopefully things have improved.

As for the restaurants we only ate dinner on campus once, at La Cantina. While the food was quite tasty, we paid $100.00 for four of us each having a drink, one appetizer shared and then something like a quesadilla for dinner. Compared to our other dinners off campus this was high but I guess you should expect to pay a premium to stay on campus.

The Crepe place in LaPlaza is reasonable for breakfast. Many here have bought meal coupon books that might be worth investigating if you plan on staying on campus to eat.

Calgary
Level Contributor
260 posts
27 reviews
26 helpful votes
7. Re: Just returned from Grand Luxxe

Thanks for the helpful info.

Hubbard, Nebraska
Level Contributor
25 posts
55 reviews
35 helpful votes
8. Re: Just returned from Grand Luxxe

We are at Grand Mayan now. Coffee makers in the room, drip style so filters are needed.

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
61 posts
31 reviews
47 helpful votes
9. Re: Just returned from Grand Luxxe

Just wondering if they provide or allow pool float noodles in the pools at GL? Was the free shuttle from the airport convenient & easy to find? Thanks for your help as we are first times to NV.

West Bloomfield...
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
6 helpful votes
10. Re: Just returned from Grand Luxxe

Any good suggestions for off property restaurants?? Breakfast and dinner??

Reply to: Just returned from Grand Luxxe
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted